Description of Hondo

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,315 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Anybody know where I can James Edward Grant's description of the Hondo character. I found one copy of the script online, but it didn't include a description of the characters. Doing some research for a book.

• I think I found what I needed. Turns out that the script was written for John Wayne, according to my research. The original movie was based and L'amour book, but the Grant adapation had John Wayne in mind. Thanks for those that responded.

• I think I found what I needed. Turns out that the script was written for John Wayne, according to my research. The original movie was based and L'amour book, but the Grant adapation had John Wayne in mind. Thanks for those that responded.

It was written for Glenn Ford. Presumably it was rewritten for Wayne. Ford would have fit the role much better as he was a decade younger and more believable as the romantic lead.