Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,585 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello and welcome to the board, rooster250 and luckynedpepper. Glad to have you both joining in. Won't find a nicer group of fans anywhere. Make yourselves at home.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Let me add my WELCOME to luckynedpepper and rooster 250 to our friendly site. You've found the right place for those who love Duke, so come on in and stay awhile!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hello, this is my first post but I've been a member for a while (big time procrastanator) Im glad that Duke fans have a place talk. I have a question, how do I get a picture in the upper left hand side of my post like everyone else? Personal info: saw first John Wayne movie at 6yrs old (true grit) 5mo. later named first dog "Duke" (great dane, and great he was)

rooster250,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! You know that old saying (coined just for us procrastinators) - "Better late than never." We're glad to see you finally getting your feet wet and making that first post. It only gets easier!

Regarding that little picture in the upper left hand corner - it's called an avatar, and here's how you get one. On the green bar near the top of the screen, there is a button on the left that says "User CP" which stands for User Control Panel. When you open the control panel, look in the column on the left. There is a link to "Edit Avatar." When you click that, you will be taken to the gallery of pre-defined generic avatars. There are several pages of them, so check them out and find one you like. Once you've selected one, just hit "Save Changes" at the bottom and you should have an avatar. It will automatically appear on any of your posts. If you decide to change your avatar, it will change on all posts and in your profile.

I hope that helps!

BTW, did you know that John Wayne's nickname "Duke" came from his dog, when he was a kid?

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: (who provided the step-by-step instructions)

• Hi everyone,just like to say what a great site this is and i look forward to chatting with the members who all seem so very friendly.

Hope to hear from you soon Duke fans !

luckynedpepper, we'd like to welcome you to the Original John Wayne Message Board! Normally, we would have welcomed you and rooster 250 in the same post, but since he had a question to be answered, we didn't want you to get lost in the shuffle.

So here is your very own welcome - and we look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come.

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Welcome R250 and LNP. Robert Duval is an old fav of mine and I liked his work in True Grit. The character Rooster is one of my fav JW characters, so that handle is a good one.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hello, ethenedwards,dukefan1,Jay J. Foarker,and hello and thank you chester7777 you're directions were clear and easy and I got the avatar I wanted but I will change it from time to time

"Fill your hand you son of a b--ch"

• By the way, Yes chester, I knew the Duke was named after his dog the local firehouse where he hung out called the dog big duke and young marion morrison lil duke.

"Fill your hand you son of a b--ch"

• Hi Kilo 6 thanks for the welcome.I'd watched True Grit the night before i joined so i thought i'd see if the lucky ned pepper handle was free to use.It was so here i am.
    Best regards from luckynedpepper in England

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hi Guys
    Greetings from Dublin, Ireland where Duke visited a time or two on his life's journey.
    Great to be here. I grew up on a diet of John Wayne, Gary Cooper, Randolf Scott, but to me the Duke stood head & shoulders above 'em all.
    An American icon for sure and a lot more than that too.
    I'm gonna enjoy this journey.
    Roll 'em out........Hey Hooooooooooo....Yipeeeeeee.
    Johannes

• Hi Johannes,

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

Hopefully you'll join in and get to know us,
    and we have several members, living in Ireland.

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

This section also includes Biographies, of Gary Coper, and Randolph Scott

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Welcome, Johannes, to the JWMB, where you'll find the friendliest people you'll find anywhere. We all love John Wayne, so join in often and you'll have fun and learn a few facts about our hero (as well as a lot of other things).

"Not hardly!!!"

• azmet - WELCOME to this friendly spot on the web. Our common focus is, of course, John Wayne. But as you become acquainted with everyone here, you'll find you make a lot of new friends. Come around often and sit a spell!

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi all, been meaning to sign up for quite a while now but only finally got around to it. I,m Stephen from Northern Ireland, Moneynick just outside Randalstown to be exact where Johns Great Great Grandfather came from. The BBC recently filmed here for the news a piece regarding John and the town which you can see on Youtube

In 1974 John Wayne (real name Marion Morrison) flew into Dublin for a short break while filming the movie Branigan in London. He hired a car at Dublin airport and drove north to visit Randalstown, the place from where his Morrison ancestors originated.

On the advice of his good friend and mentor John Ford he made it his business to see where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea. When he got through the Army check point at Killeen he turned left out of Newry and headed for the Mournes via the Villages of Mayobridge and Hilltown. At Kilkeel he followed the east coast right up to Portrush then headed into Derry and Donegal.

He returned to Dublin via Sligo, Mayo and Roscommon. He then returned to London to complete the picture.

• Hello and welcome to the board, steviep. Glad you found us. Jump right in and have some fun.

If you know the link to the youtube segment, why not post it in the youtube forum we have and share it with the rest of us. Can't get enough John Wayne!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• steviep,

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board!

It looks like you know your way around a computer . . . we see you already posted a link to the report you referenced above. Thanks for that - it was fun to watch, and even more fun knowing that someone here was from there. You don't know how much time I've spent looking over maps trying to find these small towns in Ireland. From the maps I've looked at, I was under the impression that Moneynick was no longer a town. Is it still there? Is it possible to search back in public property records, far enough to discover if any of JW's ancestors actually owned propertty there. Although, from my ancestor's experience in Scotland, the reason they came to the US is because they didn't own property.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Stephen -
    Welcome to our very friendly site where you'll find info about John Wayne and a lot of other stuff! Stop by often, make a lot of new friends and have fun to boot. And thank you for that interesting information about Duke's visit to Ireland.

"Not hardly!!!"