Welcome, New Members!

There are 1,696 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 643,258 times. The latest Post () was by FanoftheDuke67.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Welcome model70man to one of the greatest message board, and one great American, John Wayne. I hope you will jump right in and enjoy yourself here. We talk about a lot of things especially John Wayne.

If you have any question please ask, and we'll be there to help out.

Again, welcome and look forward to your messages.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• A warm and wonderful welcome to all new members here! Great to have You here and to see the community go on growing!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Can someone please call me back? I have an award of John Waynes that I am unsure of the origin. I called the trophy shop where it came from and the owner at the time has since passed away. The new owner is unaware of awards existance. The plate states "Apple Award 1970, Motion Picture Actor of the Year Award, John Wayne-True Grit". The Award itself is Smile Now cry lator. Please call me at 818-481-4883 (Brook).

• Hi motorhead22,

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
    Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

motorhead22
    Can someone please call me back? I have an award of John Waynes that I am unsure of the origin.

I am sure one of our members, who knows of these things,
    will be able to help you.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi everyone. My name is Caitlin. I'm 17, turning 18 next month. I live in South Africa. I have only recently become a fan of the Duke. I have also recently discovered the wonderful Maureen O'hara. I think that they make a fabulous team. Currently my favourite movie is The Quiet Man!!! This seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time here!

Caitlin:teeth_smile:

• Caitlin (Mary Kate),

WOW! South Africa! You are our first member from the continent, as far as I know! We now have members on FIVE continents!

WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board, without a doubt the best of its kind on the Internet, bar none! You have joined with a most friendly, knowledgeable group here. If you have not been a member of a forum before, be assured we'll help you along as you need.

We are encouraged when younger folks join - it means Duke's memory will continue on for a good LONG time! One of other younger members, Bek, is close to your age. She hails from Australia.

You are also not alone in being a fan of Maureen O'Hara. She is greatly admired among our members! We also have a forum dedicated to her, so check it out here. Moderator/member ethanedwards (aka Keith) has worked long and hard compiling information for that forum and another one, dedicated to Duke's movies and co-stars (he will share those links when he welcomes you).

Caitlin, we look forward to getting better acquainted with you in the days and weeks to come. Don't be a stranger!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Catlin,

Chester has said it well, and as he said
    WOW, I also believe a first for your continent!

regarding the great man.

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars

Also it would be fun, if you also joined in here:-

When Were You Born?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Welcome Mary Kate to the great site for a great American Icon, John Wayne. We are so glad to have you here. Please browse around and check us out. If you have any question, please ask. I promise you'll get an answer very soon from one of the many fans here. We are pleased to have you and visit often.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi, Folks!

I´m Alexander, 34, from Germany.
    I´m moderating a part of the german forum http://si-games.com, an independent forum for strategic and wargames of all kind.

Yesterday, when speaking about Gary Grigsby´s "War between the states", someone spoke about Griersons Raid, and I told them about "The Horse Soldiers". As an old fan of the Duke, I wanted to deliver as much information as possible about this movie, the Dukes outstanding performance and the tragical death of stuntman Fred Kennedy during the shooting. So I found this great forum..and registered instantly. :wink_smile:

Greetings from Dresden!

[CENTER]Feo, Fuerte y Formal.[/CENTER]

Edited once, last by Silkow ().

• G'day Every one my name is Murray From Perth Western Australia, i'm 43 years old and have been a huge Duke fan since i was a little tacker. I have all but 6 of the Dukes Movies on DVD and watch most of them very regularly.

• Hello and welcome to the forum Mary Kate, Silkow and Timtam1. You found the right place. Jump in and have some fun. The more Duke fans, the better! You all don't go being strangers now, ya here?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi to Silkow and Timtam1,

Thanks to dukefan1 for welcoming you,
    and the same from myself,

regarding the great man.

When Were You Born?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• WELCOME, Caitlin, Silkow and Timtam1, to our friendly forum. Join in with us on matters about John Wayne (or anything else). You'll find this website to be a lot of fun and also informative.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello everyone, My name is Carla, I am a Wife, mum of 2 boys, teacher and artist.. Let's just say I am over 40!!! I live in Tennessee. My whole family are fans of John Wayne and have loved him as a person and actor. I have drawn his portrait for friends and family for many, many years.. I will try and post one of them on your site..(whenever I find the correct place to post)!! Thanks for the warm welcome and look forward in reading the posts.

• Hello and welcome aboard, Carla. Glad to have you here. I would love to see your artistic rendition of John Wayne. Post it when you can. For the time being, jump in and have some fun. Great group of fans we have here.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi Carla,

regarding the great man.

Carla, We have a very talented artist named CHANCE as a member,
    He has recently painted some of our members with Duke,
    please take a look at this link:-
    Painting's Done!

Please post any portraits of Duke,
    under the General Discussions forum,
    we'd love you to share them with us.

When Were You Born?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I have drawn his portrait for friends and family for many, many years.. I will try and post one of them on your site..(whenever I find the correct place to post)!!

Please post any portraits of Duke, under the General Discussions forum,
    we'd love you to share them with us.

Carla,

HOWDY and WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board, without a doubt the BEST of its kind on the 'net! You have "joined forces," as one might say, with some of the friendliest, most knowledgeable fans of John Wayne anywhere on the planet. And our group hails from all over the planet - United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Belgium, Norway, Germany, Italy, Finland, Russia, Japan, Australia, and most recently we had a member join from South Africa. There's a chance I forgot a locale, but you get the idea!

I know what you mean about finding the correct place to post your artwork - it can be a little overwhelming. But as Keith suggested, General Discussions would be the best place. Feel free to start a new topic to feature your work. As dukefan1 said, we look forward to seeing your artistic rendition of Duke!

If you need any help, just ask. Did I mention we are a helpful bunch, as well? :wink_smile:

Again, welcome! We look forward to becoming better acquainted with you in the days and weeks to come!

• Hi, Folks!

I´m Alexander, 34, from Germany.

So I found this great forum..and registered instantly. :wink_smile:

G'day Every one my name is Murray From Perth Western Australia

Alexander and Murray,

Not sure how you guys slipped in under our noses (we must have been sleeping :sleep_1:or something :tooth:), but we offer you both a belated WELCOME to our international assembly of John Wayne fans. We hope you will visit often, join in the discussions, become regulars, and let us get to know you!

• Welcome Carla, Alexander, and Murray.

Great to have you onboard and we all look forward to getting to know you better in the future.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne