Saddle Up: Birthplace of John Wayne

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,731 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Check this out:

The "Saddle Up with Dennis Browse" TV program visits the Birthplace of John Wayne. Includes a visual tour of the Birthplace home with Birthplace board Vice President Joe Zuckschwerdt, a horseback ride down the Clark Tower Trail in Winterset's City Park with Ginger Ryals, an Interview with long-time Duke costumer Luster Bayless, and highlights of the 2009 John Wayne Birthday Celebration.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• I had the pleasure of being off camera during Joe Zukes interview.
    Joe did a great job. I only hope more board members can be at Winterset for the showing of the Alamo. All members that show can get together for a fine Iowa lunch and a toast to Duke.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Bill, I agree! Joe did a GREAT job! It was all the more fun watching and listening, having met him personally. It was a real nice special, and sure makes me want to be back there again!

I think it would be wonderful if JWMB members were able to get together in Winterset, to celebrate John Wayne's birthdsay, and enjoy each other's company.

Chester :newyear:

• A great tour of the birthplace of John Wayne. I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait to go there maybe in a year or two and be a part of this history. I love to see the many pictures of Duke.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote