What Great Western Actors & Actresses

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,920 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: I do not wish to sound gruesome but, since the subject of recently deceased hollywood icons have been posted here, I was wondering if there was a published list of sorts on which "Western" actors & actresses were still living?

Some of the few that I am aware of are:

Richard Widmark, Karl Malden, Clint Eastwood, James Drury (The Virginian), James Garner (Maverick), Kirk Douglas, Charlton Heston, James Arness (Gunsmoke), Burt Reynolds (Gunsmoke), and Johnny Crawford (The Rifleman).

Anybody know of others?

Best regards TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tv: Robert Conrad (Wild, Wild West), Lee Majors (The Big Valley), Pernell Roberts (Bonanza), Clint Walker (Cheyenne), Dennis Weaver (Gunsmoke).

Movies: Glenn Ford. Gee, not too many around... :(

I'll think of some more later.

Steven

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• Hi guys,

I think arthur is our resident "newspaper obiturary". He should be able to tell you who is still alive or maybe even a source. He should be posting here shortly, that would be my best advice for now.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

I tend to work on actors and actresses (although today I think it is fashionable to call both sexes actors for some reason I have never understood) who are still alive and who worked on John Wayne pictures allbeit western war or whatever genre.

Looking through it is quite amazing how man of his former directors are still allive

including

Ken Annakin
    Paul Bogart
    Andrew Mc|Laglen
    Jules Dassin
    Stuart Miller
    Mark Rydell
    Melville Shavelson

Of the actors (male of the speccies) as far as I know these are still with us

The A's

Aaker Lee
    Albert Eddie
    Ackland Ray
    Anderson Michael
    Anka Paul
    Ansara Micheal
    Aquila Tony
    Armandariz Pedro
    Armstrong R.G.
    Askew Luke
    Asner Ed
    Attenbourgh - Lord Richard
    Avalon Frankie

The Actresses
    Adams Julie
    Allen Elizabeth
    Avedon Doe
    Ando Eiko
    Anne Margaret
    Archer Ann

More Later

But some to think about in the meantime
    Harry Carey
    Phillip Carey
    Bernard Fox
    Fabian

If I have included any that are deceased I would appreciate if you could tell me.

For those interested I can do this through the alphabet but it might take time to do over two and a half thousand names.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

As promised the B's

Actors
    Bakalayan Richard
    Barker Alfred jnr
    Barratt Sean
    Barton Greg
    Barlow Tim
    Bartrop Roland
    Battista Lloyd
    Beauvy Nicholas
    Beck John
    Beckman Henry
    Beint Michael
    Benedict Steve
    Beymer Richard
    Boone Pat
    Booth Anthony (The Father in Law of the British Prime Minister)
    Booth James
    Bourne Peter
    Brinkerhoff Bert
    Brown Phil (Luke Skywalkers father in Star Wars)
    Browne Roscoe Lee
    Buttons Red

Actresses
    Bacall Lauren
    Baker Carroll
    Barnes Joanna
    Baxter Carroll
    Berger Senta
    Bogart Tracy
    Booth Adrian
    Bouchet Barbara

It appears that there are more people alive who appeared in John Wayne's pictures than at first thought. have fun matching the names up with the films they appeared in.

Regards

Arhur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

It appears that there are more people alive who ppeared in John Wayne's pictures than at first thought. have fun matching the names up with the films they appeared in

Now that sounds like a good idea for a game Arthur. Match the name to the Duke movie!! Match Game!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

Some of the names maatching the films are way out like The Greatest Story Ever Told, How The West Was Won, and The Longest Day and as such they probably never even met the Duke. But some were in films with John Wayne and actually shared scenes with him.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :cowboy: Hello Cole and everyone. Thank you for the nice long list of names. I had forgotten about some of the ones mentioned and thanks for reminding me. I am amazed and very pleased to see so many of them still living.

Best regards TRK.

• Yea Anthony Booth was in Brannigan, its kind of funny seeing Richard Attenborough intimidate the man whom would become Tony Blairs father in law.

By the way Ringo welcome to the board I hope you will be around for a long time to come.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie, thanks for the friendly greetings and I will be here as long as you will have me.

Also, it just dawned on me about that actor Anthony Booth. I remember him best from the great movie: "Zulu" as a Private Hitch in the 24th Regiment of Foot and the one who was in the hospital and was known as a malingerer. The soldier Hitch, who in real life won the Victoria Cross for valor at the battle of Roarkes Drift, Islandulwana in the Natal Province 1879. I did not know he was Tony Blairs father in law?

TRK

• You know I have got Anthony Booth completely confused I knopw now who he is he is the villain that Duke chases across London I thought he was Freddie.

Yes Zulu is an excellent movie and Hitch is good in it.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie and Ringo

You have got your Booths mixed up.

There were two Booths in Brannigan

Anthony Booth played Freddie a minor role and is Tony Blairs Father in Law

The one you are thinking of is James Booth who played Charlie the Handle in Brannigan and private Hitch in Zulu a far better actor than Anthony could ever be.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

Episode Number 3 The C's

Actors

Caan - James
    Campbell - Glenn
    Campbell - William
    Cannutt - Harry Joe
    Cannutt - Tap
    Calia - Hank
    Callilou - Alan
    Carey - Harry
    Carey - Phillip
    Carlylse - John
    Carradine - Robert
    Carson - Johhny
    Chapman - Lonnie
    CVlark - Mark
    Cole - Dennis
    Coleman - Bryan
    Collier - Dan
    Combs - Gary
    Colvin - Jack
    Connery - Sean
    Connors - Michael
    Considine - John
    Crawford - Johnny
    Crawford - John

Actresses

Cardinale - Claudia
    Carey - Michele
    Carr Betty Ann
    Castandea 'Movita'
    Chandler - Helen
    Chandler - Perditia
    Charney - Kim
    Charyl Josephine Bonnie
    Constaine - Maggie
    Crystal - Linda

More later

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I was right first time then, regarding James Booth isnt he the man who looks like the guy from Steptoe and Son.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie

In as much as they are both dark. Its difficult to describe Anthony Booth is blonde or grey now. He was also in the Confession series of pictures with Robin Askwith.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• :cowboy: Hi Arthur/Robbie, I made a slight mistake in Booths character name in Zulu. It was Hook and not Hitch. SO much for me being a war movies expert :wacko:

Arthur, thank you for the continuing list of names. I recognized many on these and I was not aware of some of the others who were related to other famous actors or stuntmen like the Canutts. Also, thanks for the correction of the actors. It's been years since I have seen Brannigan and I have little memory of that movie.

TRK.

• :cowboy: Hello May, I had completely forgotten about Sam Elliott. He was in a few westerns with Tom Selleck as well as with Gene Evans. TRK.