There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,848 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Man, it's a good thing we had plenty of food for the holiday meal because my three grandsons from my older son (ages 14, 19 & 22) ate like horses. Also, my youngest brother (age 53), whom we weren't expecting but who decided to accompany my sister, ate like two horses. But as I told my wife, it's probably been many a moon since any of them had a decent homecooked meal and they were only taking advantage of an opportunity.

My brother is a bachelor who lives alone and eats mostly TV dinners and in restaurants while my three grandsons lost their mother (who was a lousy cook anyway) to some kind of rare disease 5 or 6 years ago. So they too hardly ever get the opportunity for a good, all-you-can-eat meal.

Anyway, we ended the day with hardly any leftovers at all and usually we end Thanksgiving with enough leftovers for a month or so of eating. A mixed blessing, I guess, because my sister has decided to reciprocate and have Christmas at her house for the wife and me.

BTW, Jeff, what kind of surgery did you have? Hope the recovery is going well.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Forgot to add - being the political animal I am, I just had to solicit my kin's views on Sarah (to start with) and then on politics in general. Imagine my consternation when my sister AND daughter (for gosh sakes) revealed their admiration for the prez preceding George W. and their even stronger admiration for his wife. Naturally, this set off a wild political shouting match between the three of us (plus my two grand-nieces) which made my day. :))): :thanksgiving: :))):

As I'm sure you know, politics makes my world go 'round. :wink:

De gustibus non est disputandum