There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,844 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All

I believe round about now in the United States it is Thanksgiving,

If you are about to celebrate I' d like to wish you all a great one, and If you have had it I hope it was enjoyable.

But anyway

: :lol: HAPPY THANKSGIVING :jump:

REGARDS

ARTHUR

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Thank you, Arthur. Don't know if they have a comparable holiday in the UK but if so, you have one too.

The wife and I are leaving early this morning for east Texas to spend Thanksgiving with our oldest son and his 3 sons. His wife died in August of peritonitis (sp) caused by a perforated ulcer and so I'm not sure it will be a real happy occasion but at least we'll be together.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Arthur and Stumpy; In the good old days 30s, 40s and 50s it was a day for all the family and friends to get togather and give thanks to the Boss Man up there for all the good things of the past year :rolleyes: !!! Today Sadly it just another "Day Off" for most People not "Thanksgiving" for what we have. :cowboy:

• Thanks, Arthur. Kind of you to remember. Yes, Chilly Billy, it's sad what has become of so many of our holidays. We seem to forget that the very word comes from "holy day." A church I passed recently had a big banner across its roof that said: "Thanksgiving? To whom?"

Happy day to all of you just the same. I'm celebrating with my "family of origin" - my parents and my brother and sisters and all the spouses and kids.

So sorry to hear of the loss in your family, Stumpy.

God bless us, every one.

• I want to add my wishes to all for a HAPPY THANKSGIVING, even to those who don't celebrate it. We are fortunate to have a time to show thanks for all we have, and I pray that every one have things to be thankful for. I for one am thankful to know so many on this board by having a computer and a site to talk about subjects that are dear to my heart, and have a common interest with so many.

May this day be especially great for you this year.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Billy unfortunantly its the same over here for such occasions as Christmas, it is so commercial. I remember putting the Christmas music on in the shop where I work in early December last year and I was then told the manager would go mad I thought to myself well its ok then to have decorations up and endless christmas promotions complete double standards.

Happy thanksgiving to all our American friends.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope you have a good day, wherever you are. I will be out of town for the next couple days so I will not be chacking the boards. See you when I get back.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING

to all (who celebrate it :rolleyes: ).

Like Hondo, we are thankful for many things - our family, our home, the creature comforts we enjoy, and we are also thankful for having met so many of you via this message board. How blessed we are, in so many ways!

Stumpy, we too are sad to hear of the loss of your son's wife.

We will be leaving at 0'dark-thirty tomorrow to go visit friends for the rest of the
    weekend, and won't be back until possibly late Sunday night.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Arthur and Stumpy; In the good old days 30s, 40s and 50s it was a day for all the family and friends to get togather and give thanks to the Boss Man up there for all the good things of the past year :rolleyes: !!! Today Sadly it just another "Day Off" for most People not "Thanksgiving" for what we have. :cowboy:

There are still some who celebrate Thanksgiving with their family and friends which is exactly what my family is planning on doing this year. Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends here. GT

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Happy THANKSGIVING to all here!!!!! Yep, some of my family still gets together. This year we also get a "'bonus"' of sorts and, my youngest Nephew Jared--will be geting married to his longtime (about 6 years) Girlfriend. :D :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• to all those who have thanksgiving get well and truely stuff with your favourite food on this day for you to give thanks.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I hope everyone here has something good in their lives to give thanks for. May you all have a very safe and happy Thanksgiving. Don't eat too much!. Yea, right. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi

It seems strange to think that three years ago i wished everyone a happy thanksgiving albeit a little late, but once again my wish is for you all to have a happy thanksgiving America.

And a common prayer that for the next one some of your boys and our boys in iraq and Afghanistan may have returned to enjoy it with you.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• If there is something I am thankful for it is:drinks_wine: friendships and relationships. And though this is an American holiday, I want to wish everybody a very blessed(bump) Thanksgiving(newyr) (uh, wrong holiday) day on November 22, 2007. :beer:

I hope that everyone are thankful for what they have in their lives.(bud) Love, Family, and many blessings for the One Above. :punk:We do live in the greatest world today, better than anytime before, and yes we have unsettling moments in this world, but times have never been better than today, and I hope that each and everyone of you know that.

:gossip:Now make something happen that will touch others today, and know that you are making a difference.:headbonk:

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote