Question For Roland

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,163 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm curious, Roland. Are you an expatriate American? The reason I ask is that your English language skills are excellent - even better than many Americans I know. Additionally, you often use colloquialisms that only a native-born American would (or should) know.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy, thanks
    I studied English some 15 years ago in the US, living in S.F. for about half a year. And of course, listening to English movies and reading English books helps a lot!

• ........And you overcame your bad habits from your stay in S.F? ;)

Interesting fact about you, Roland.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

........And you overcame your bad habits from your stay in S.F?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Nov 29 2004, 10:41 PM
    ........And you overcame your bad habits from your stay in S.F?

I'm aware that San Francisco has a bad reputation among those of us on the right but I think it's one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited. In fact, it's among my three favorite American cities; San Antonio and New Orleans being the other two.

And oh man, could I ever tell you tales about some of my experiences in the "City by the Bay". The night life there on Broadway (especially when topless bars first became popular) was something else.

My sister and brother-in-law used to live in San Jose (just south of Frisco) and I visited them several times. I had a buddy (from the service) who lived in Oakland and was very familiar with the best night clubs in San Fran. Of course, my wonderful wife wasn't with me on these trips. Thank goodness. :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum