The Good The Bad And The Ugly

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,982 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I cant deny it I like this movie, the dialogue is sharp, the acting good, the direction strong and full of flair and although the storyline is weak it does not detract from the film. It is quite understandble when this has become such an iconic western and the soundtrack is a true genuine classic.

My post is really about information I received recently regarding this movie. It has been stated that deleted scenes have been added to this movie in a re-released version, is this true and what are the scenes of and does anyone know how/where the scenes were discovered.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie. I have to agree with you. I was not a huge fan of the Leone westerns when I was younger but, since I have grown up and re-watch them, I love them. Especially The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and Once Upon A Time In The West.

I have the SE of GBU(Good, Bad, Ugly). And they have added 18 minutes of added footage. The way I understand it is, AMC helped in the restoration of the added footage as well as in cleaning up the "1st" version that was out on DVD. As far as the places where they have been added, I would have to watch it again and make notes of it. There is also some deleted scenes and 3-4 documentaries. The SE package is 2 discs and I would highly recommend it to anyone that enjoyed the original release.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I thought one of the best marriages of music to cinematography was in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. When Tucco is running through the graveyard near the end of the picture, the buildup of intensity of the music joined with the editing of the action provides a good adrenalin rush for the viewer. There are other instances of music blended with images, but this remains high on my list of cinematic events.

:D Jay

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Since making my last post on this subject, I have picked up a DVD of "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Now I just have to block out some time to view it. I can remember when I first saw this at the theater in the late 60s as a sneak preview and at that time as an impressionable young man (ha!), it just blew me away.

Regards - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Viper -

Unfortunately, no! :( However, I think I will still enjoy it - picked it up at Target for $7.50. According to the information on the container, it has the extra scenes and other goodies (plus widescreen). I still haven't had a chance to watch it as yet. :headbonk:

Cheers -

Jay

"Not hardly!!!"

• I forgot all about this topic??!! I did finally watch my DVD a few weeks ago and found it to be all I expected and hoped for. The extra scenes were interesting, but I can see why they were cut - they slowed down the progress of the story, although there were some interesting character insights to gain from them.

Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"