Hey! I'm New

There are 28 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,374 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'd have to agree with you, Cole Thornton, there is NO comparison between Big Jake and Kill Bill (not you, Chilibill :wub: ).

Not that Hondo implied that, of course.

However, Big Jake was a departure from most other Duke movies. The Cowboys, as much as I dislike the scene in which John Wayne's character is brutally killed, still doesn't seem quite as violent, IMO, as the negative parts of Big Jake.

Chester :newyear:

• Chester thanks a bunch, I really not ready to go yet! :fear2: Bonnie I have to agree with Hondo if you watch "McLintock, Hatri, Donovan's Reef and of course The Angel and the Badman" a great love story :wub: and I had a small part in that film and I was only a few years older than you at that time. If you watch these films you will have a lot of Good Clean Fun :lol: and see Duke at his Best. :cowboy:

But remember what my Grandmother told me when I was your age. That most of these old John Wayne Films "ARE JUST MAKE-BELIEVE" :ph34r: and not the real thing!!! Chilibill :cowboy:

• Speaking of MCLINTOCK, has there ever been a widescreen print of the film? I was watching it on Turner Classic Movies last night and it was full frame. If a movie is in widescreen format, TCM will show it as such. My video copy is also full-frame.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• Hi Cole -
    I noticed the same thing a couple of months ago when TCM showed "McLintock" before. And my VHS version is the same way even though it is touted as "The Director's Cut. I think it may have something to do with not having been processed in wide screen yet. It was definitly filmed in wide screen. I don't know what has to be done to process movies this way - whether they have to be transfered to VHS or DVD with involved technical steps or what. Anyway, it's a theory.
    Cheers - Jay ;)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Mar 20 2005, 11:38 PM
    I must say that almost every movie out today, and I do say almost, is a lot tamer than Big Jake.

[snapback]15460[/snapback]

I incorrectly wrote this. I meant to say that a lot of movies today are not tame as Big Jake. I didn't proof read this as close as I should, but sorry for the confusion.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I have seen McLintock!, Donovan's Reef, Angel & the Bad Man ("We're friends."......."Friends of who?" lol :D ) and North To Alaska.

And surprisingly I have seen The Cowboys once. My mom didn't really want me to watch it, but once it came on t.v. and she was too busy talking to my brother to notice it was starting, and she just let me watch the rest of it.

BTW- This has nothing to do with this discussion.......I don't think I've said that my second favorite JW movie has to be Chisum. I LOVE that one! Isn't it so cool?!

Originally posted by Bonnie@Mar 21 2005, 10:06 PM

BTW- This has nothing to do with this discussion.......I don't think I've said that my second favorite JW movie has to be Chisum. I LOVE that one! Isn't it so cool?!

[snapback]15494[/snapback]

Talk about it anyway! :D Heck, it's the Duke we're talkin' about! I've noticed that CHISUM has quite a following. I like it well enough, especially that darn theme song...so catchy.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• :lol: Mr. Brooks:
    I'm kinda new to this site. May I ask your role in "Angel and the Bad Man"? That is my all time favorite John Wayne!!!
    JWAngel

Originally posted by William T Brooks@Mar 21 2005, 08:37 AM
    Chester thanks a bunch, I really not ready to go yet! :fear2: Bonnie I have to agree with Hondo if you watch "McLintock, Hatri, Donovan's Reef and of course The Angel and the Badman" a great love story :wub: and I had a small part in that film and I was only a few years older than you at that time. If you watch these films you will have a lot of Good Clean Fun :lol: and see Duke at his Best. :cowboy:

But remember what my Grandmother told me when I was your age. That most of these old John Wayne Films "ARE JUST MAKE-BELIEVE" :ph34r: and not the real thing!!! Chilibill :cowboy:

[snapback]15468[/snapback]

• Angel; I was 16 years old and was one of the bad guys :ph34r: at the first of the film ridding after Duke, one of the people giving Duke the Bible at the Church Meeting, :rolleyes: one of the bad guys when Duke and his Friends steal the Cattle from the Bad Men, :ph34r: and one of the people in the Town when Duke came into Town after the Bad guys at the end of the Film. :fear2: Chilibill :cowboy:

You can go to this Site for the story about The Angel and the Badman! BADMAN