Speaking Of Clint Eastwood

There are 21 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,685 times. The latest Post () was by joekiddlouischama.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :cowboy: Clint Eastwood is going to be directing a movie about those 5 Marines and 1 Navy Corpsman who were involved in the very famous (and captured on film by Photographer Rosenthal) flag-raising on Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima. With Clint involved, this will be a good one.

Also, and sadly, he aint going to revive his Dirty Harry character.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo, I heard that as well and look forward to the release of that movie.

And I agree with him not reviving his role as Dirty Harrry. After The Dead Pool flopped and Clint's advancing age, I just don't think it would be a good enough movie for the likes of Clint to star in. I think he made a wise decision.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Ringo,

Just wanted to inform you that I moved this to an off-topic section because of the fact that it is not a topic on John Wayne. Hope you don't mind. I am always interested in what Clint is doing, and this sounds like a good one. I am not a fan of the Dirt Harry movies, just too violent for me. He did a great job in those movies, but I do intent to agree with SXViper on the fact that Clint is a little too old to do any more of those movies. He is currently 74 years old. He will be 75 on May 31.

There is an announcement of Dirty Harry as an interactive game. I guess you can get excited for this. Seems to be in out for sale in 2006.

Of course I am anticipating the movie Flags of Our Fathers when it comes out in 2006. This is in preproduction. Haven't seen any cast. Wonder who that could be?

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• :cowboy: Hi Viper, Hondo D L.

Viper I never knew The Dead Pool flopped but did think it did have more violence than necessary in it. I saw it at the theater as well as have it on tape. I wonder if it made more than Bloodwork, which I almost hated.

Hi Hondo, no problem with moving it at all. I forgot what section I was in when I posted this yeaterday.

Best regards and i'll buy ya a Rootbeer anytime :D TRK.

• I thought this was funny. I was doig some research on a 17tyh century Japanese Samurai helmet in the museum collection when I ran across a nice website about Clint Eastwood.

OK, if you decide to take a look see, there is a thread in there about him selling a line of clothes? What's next for probably the world's 2nd most favorite Westerns Movie star?

Just thought i'd bring this to your attn as I knew nothing about this.

• Thanks for the heads up, Ringo!

We checked out their message board - WOW! And we were concerned that we were obsessed :stunned: ! The top two posters on their board (which seems to have been around only a little more than a month longer than ours) have over 6000 posts EACH! Hondo and I are real slackers in comparison :( . Obviously the Eastwood fans are more obsessed than we are.

I wonder if Clint has visited their board, and possibly even posted on it (a luxury we will never enjoy with the object of our adulation).

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Hi Chester & the Mrs, quite welcome. I too think those over there might be a bit more obsessed than we are. I noticed many of the topics are like what is talked about over here which I like. I joined them and was accepted quickly like here. My think is thta I like Clint about as much as I like The Duke but, I like far fewer Eastwood films than that of The Dukes.

For instance: Westerns:

There are many many more Duke Westerns that I will take over Eastwood westerns any day of the week. The one Eastwood western that can be as good as some of the Duke's is The Outlaw Josey Wales. I'm not a Sergio Leone fan so that also means I don't much care for (Pasta) Westerns.

As for War Movies:

The Duke & Clint are equalls.

As for Detective movies:

I think Clint takes the lead in these.

As for Comedy type movies:

I think they are equall.

Romance Movies:

I have not seen any Eastwood Romance Movies so The Duke still leads in that catagory as well. I.e. The Quiet Man vs Bridges of Madison County.

Don't know what catagory to place Hatari & White Hunter, Black Heart in but I liked Hatari much much much more.

Circus Type movies.

I think Duke & Clint are equal in this area but cannot be %100 sure since it's been many many years since I last watched the one with the Duke in it vs Bronco Billy (which I watched partially sometime last year)

Sci-fi type movies:

Don't think it could be fair to either to try and compare each other in that dept. Clint Eastwood only had bit parts in Tarantula, and I think two other but the only Duke film that I think could almost fit into the sci-fi catagory is his Western: "Haunted Gold" and then it aint sci-fi.

End result is that to me, The Duke is and willl always be Nr. 1 in my book.

• Hi Ethan, I don't know but, if Clint was who The Duke would chose to "take the reigns" from him, then that is perfect because I think Clint is tops as well. :)

• Hi Ringo,

Thanks,
    in John Wayne American, Duke is quoted as saying, that he liked Clints films, and recognized elements of his own work at every turn. Just like Ringo Kid and Ethan Edwards, Clints character are hard-boiled, steely-eyed, cynical, loners, willing to draw a gun and shoot predators. Duke also noticed the differences, he thought Clint exaggerated the persona. He mentions that if it had been Clints(Jed) instead of Dukes(Ethan), that found, the girl, he would have probably shot her!
    When Duke saw, Dirty Harry, he knew he had made a mistake!"How did I ever let that one slip through my fingers?" he lamented to Mary!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi everyone.

Just had a look at the Clint Eastwood message board. Have to say I liked what I saw.
    I've always liked his movies, and as he has gotten older, he reminds ME of Duke, in so far as he moved away from the romantic lead, to the more, man of the world roles.

I shall not wax lyrical as to the man's attributes here.

Emmanuel. :lol:

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I just took a peek at Clint Eastwood's message board. I may join as well - just have to find the time to fit in from my visits here. As noted before, the John Wayne Message Board is just plain addictive. Just have to visit here when I have the spare time, so there isn't any spare time left to frequent other message boards.
    Cheers - Jay :lol:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Ethan, Emmanuel, Jay.

Ethan, your quite welcome. Thanks for the rest of what you wrote too. It feels great knowing that The Duke liked Clint as much as we do. :D As for The Duke passing up playing Dirty Harry, well, it would have been nice to have seen him in that role at least once.

Emmanuel, I agree with you. The more I think of it, the more I can picture Clint doing some of Wayne's characters and vise versa. Two exceptions though. I can't see Clint as Sgt Stryker or as Hondo. Just does'nt seem to fit Clint. The rest I can see with no problem.

Jay, I like thast site alot but can only spend maybe about 10-15 minutes there because of being here and on the others im at. I joined and if anyone is interested, my username there is Mitchell Gant, which is Clint's character he played in Firefox.

Did you guys know that Kyle Eastwood (Clint's son) is a Jazz Musician? He is and I think he is now playing somewhere in London. The older Kyle Eastwood gets, the more he looks like Clint.

• The Dead Pool (Buddy Van Horn, 1988) didn't flop, but it was a much smaller hit than the previous Dirty Harry movies, which had all finished in the top-ten. The Dead Pool, by contrast, finished at a solid but unspectacular 30th in domestic grosses among 1988's theatrical releases:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=1988&p=.htm

And, yes, The Dead Pool fared much better than Bloodwork, which ranks 94th among 2002's releases in domestic gross:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2002&p=.htm

Although certainly not one of Eastwood's best, I thought that Bloodwork was a classy, atmospheric neo-noir of sorts. Basically, Eastwood did what the Duke did in The Shootist (Don Siegel, 1976), playing a tough, stubborn man struggling with the grave health problems and life quandaries that come with advanced age.

• Hello JoeKiddLouisChama (what a screen name! You must be a Clint Eastwood / John Saxon fan). Just thought I'd say howdy and welcome to the message board. We're glad to have ya!
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Colorado Bob@Aug 17 2006, 10:00 PM
    Hello JoeKiddLouisChama (what a screen name! You must be a Clint Eastwood / John Saxon fan). Just thought I'd say howdy and welcome to the message board. We're glad to have ya!
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

[snapback]33679[/snapback]

Thanks, I'm glad to be here.