There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,091 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey I'm new here and thought I'd just jump in if that's okay…

Anyone heard this new artist named Shooter Jennings, who is Waylon Jennings' son? My friend who works for Universal gave me a copy of his CD a couple days ago. This guy puts a whole new spin on country music. It's really raw, and it's got a lotta rock in there for the guys who like Skynyrd and the Allmans, like myself. Anybody else a fan of Shooter? If you're interested in checkin his music out I have some song links. Let me know what you think of it.

4th of July
    http://209.200.98.131/shooterjennings/audio/4thOfJuly1.ram

Southern Comfort
    http://209.200.98.131/shooterjennings/audi...hernComfort.asx

• westcoast_rodeo,

I'd like to be one of the first to welcome you to the message board, and hope that this will be the beginning of a long friendship. John Wayne is the greatest and there is a lot of information here about him. Hope you will take the time and read about his life here on this message board.

I listened to the songs, and they are good. Does have a rock flair to it, and one of the songs have a great tribute to George Jones. Never heard of Shooter Jennings though I have heard of Waylon. They have different styles of music. Is this released or still in production stages?

Thanks and see you again.

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Apr 19 2005, 04:46 PM
    Is this released or still in production stages?

[snapback]16150[/snapback]

It is released and the album is called "Put the O Back in Country". I'm glad to have found someone else who likes it!

• westcoast_rodeo,

We, too, would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind here on the 'Net!

We were unable to check out your link, because our sound card gave up the ghost, and we haven't replaced it yet, so there is no sound on our 'puter these days.

As Hondo says, we hope you'll decide to stick around here for awhile. It seems the more you chat about John Wayne, the more you enjoy it (and the more you learn, too!).

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: