New Movie

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,459 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Has anyone seen this movie? It's getting pretty good reviews and since Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors, I'd like to go see it. Also, history is one of my favorite subjects, though I know Hollyweird usually distorts history beyond recognition.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My wife and I went to it on Friday night and we both enjoyed the movie. There is one glaring problem for me, but I will not reveal it here as of yet because others may want to see it. Overall the cinematography was excellent and the acting was good as well. The movie ran 2 hours and 35 minutes and I heard they actually had to cut close to a hour. If that is the case then my problem that I had with the movie maybe resolved once the DVD is released, that is if they release it with the cut footage.

And after that you can maybe figure out what my problem was with the movie. Would I recommend it? Yes, go see it. Its worth the price of admission.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@May 9 2005, 09:44 AM
    My wife and I went to it on Friday night and we both enjoyed the movie. There is one glaring problem for me, but I will not reveal it here as of yet because others may want to see it. Overall the cinematography was excellent and the acting was good as well. The movie ran 2 hours and 35 minutes and I heard they actually had to cut close to a hour. If that is the case then my problem that I had with the movie maybe resolved once the DVD is released, that is if they release it with the cut footage.

And after that you can maybe figure out what my problem was with the movie. Would I recommend it? Yes, go see it. Its worth the price of admission.

[snapback]16632[/snapback]

Thanks for the recommendation, Viper.

De gustibus non est disputandum