Mini Vacation

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,260 times. The latest Post () was by William T Brooks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just a FYI: I will be away from home starting tonight on a mini vacation to northern Minnesota. We will be doing some boating, drinking, fishing, drinking, marshmallow roasting, drinking, and maybe if I am lucky, alittle more drinking!!! :lol: :lol:

So I will not be back till Tuesday night or Wednesday. Have a safe 4th and I will see you all next week!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hey Viper,
    Have a great time, at least we know where you are,
    and won't be looking for missing members!
    Have a drink on me, while you're there

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Hope you catch some fish among all those other activities

Jay, probably the only thing I will catch is a "bottle bass" !! :lol: :jump: :lol:

-John Wayne

• Hi Viper, I hope you have a nice vacation and PLEASE please, send down Texas way, some of that coll coll air from Minnesota. It's soi HOT n HUMID here that were all starting to look a likea this: :uhuh::fear2::stunned::dead:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 30 2005, 02:06 PM
    It's soi HOT n HUMID here that were all starting to look a likea this: :uhuh::fear2::stunned::dead:

[snapback]18390[/snapback]

Carl - You got that right!!!!
    Cheers - Jay :wacko::stunned::fear::dead::headbonk:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• It has been plenty hot up here the past couple weeks. Well hot for MN. Upper 80's and lots of humidity. But, we had a system go through our area last night and today its 70 and no humidity. Awesome today!!

Texas guys, if I could send the cool weather down there I would. Stay cool!!

-John Wayne

• Hi Jay, Viper.

Jay, you definately know how I feel. One can fry bacon and eggs on the hood of their car here. :(

Viper, ONLY the upper 80's..........To us here thats winter weather. :blink::)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well Viper it's Tuesday evening, and we haven't heard from you yet, but you said that you may be back Tuesday evening or Wednesday, so we look forward to your arrival.

By the way, did you do any drinking? :P

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well I made it back :wacko: Was a long trip up and a long trip back. Worse holiday driving I have ever experienced. :angry: I am tired so I will elaborate more on the trip later.

And yes Hondo, there was 2 liters of Capt. Morgan consumed by me and my good friend!!! :stunned::stunned:

-John Wayne

• Aside from the drive up to the lake and back, it was a very fun trip. My wife had not been camping in many years and our 4 1/2 year old twins were tired every night. We swam in the lake allot and did some tubing behind my dad's boat that I towed up there with me. I took my kids fishing for the first time and we were able to catch a few sunfish for them, my boy kept thinking that eveytime he reeled his line in that he had caught the worm that I had put on the hook to catch the fish :lol: We even took some time out and went to the go-kart rides and had a great time with the kids. My daughter didn't like to go fast in the go-kart or the boat, so she did allot of watching :lol:
    We also went to alittle town called Hackensack and watched fireworks on the night of the 4th and we were all very surprised at how good they were for such a small town. We stayed on a lake near Backus, MN and Hackensack is about 7 miles north of there.
    The evenings were spent around a campfire making smores and talking smart. The talking smart was brought on by the drinking!! :lol:
    We are already planning on doing it again but we will not being doing it over the 4th again. The traffic was bad news to say the least.

-John Wayne

• Viper; That sounded like a Great Camping Trip!!! :jump: You need to do that more with your Children. I was lucky and was Hunting and Fishing all the time as a young Kid and did the same thing with my Children.

Chilibill :cowboy: