Can Someone Explain This?

There are 22 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,843 times. The latest Post () was by Duke.45.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi ringo

in harms way is right there is to be the 7 books, she thought up the idea when travelling on a train from manchester to london, she thought the plots for all of the books so she knows what she wants in each book and is able to get down to the business of writing them i to hope that we dont have to wait another 2 years before the next one comes out but the delay on this one was that she went back and proof read it and corrected some things that didnt fit right in this book.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello IHW and G'Day Smokey.

Thank you both for the info on her books. I do like her story though of going from rags to riches and more power to her as well. At one time, I was as down and out as she was and managed to get back on my feet and more productive. I am truely glad that this lady has made it.

Though I have not read any of her books, I hope for her fans sakes, that she does write more books. I found it very dissappointing about that from a few authors I liked very much as well.

For instance: My all-time most favorite book series is called: The Sergeant and was written by "Gordon Davis." The series starts out with the Allies fighting and taking Cherbourg. The series is suposed to go through to the end of the war but that did not happen because it stopped on #9 which took place during and just after the Battle of the Bulge. The author of this series I found out had been involved in Watergate. His real name is E.Howard Hunt. If you ever get a chance to pick up a copy of any of The Sergeant series, these are some of the best reading I have ever done for fictional reading.

Another example of irritation: I discovered a series called: The Black Eagles written by John Lansing. This series is set during the Vietnam War. Well, there are some 22 or thereabouts, in the series but, for some reason, no new ones were released since the late 1980's. The writing style is VERY close to E.Howard Hunts style and I wonder if John Lansing is an alias of his? Anyway, the series is supposed to be on-going but????? and I KNOW E.Howard Hunt is or was still alive as of a few months ago.

Now a 3rd example for which nobody can lay blame with the author for is: Casca by Barry Sadler. There are I think 24 books in this series with Barry Sadler having written 23 of them. Well, as we all know, he was killed in Guatamala back in the late 1980's. The story goes was that it was rumored that he was running guns. Casca was done in such a way as that the series could never end--like those of The Sacketts or Soldier of Fortune, Mack Bolan or some series like those.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• :wub: I love the Harry Potter books and movies. They get down to the basics--good vs. evil. My younger brother got me hooked on the books. I come from a family of avid readers and it's wonderful the way my brother (who is 16), my dad (who's 52), my husband (27) and I (24) have read these books and can talk about them.

They appeal to a wide audience and I don't understand how they lead to Satanism. They are very clear-cut on what's good and what's evil. Also, they are quite obviously fantasy. If magic leads to Satanism, then also don't let your children hear fairy tales and by all means, don't let them watch The Wizard of Oz or Jim Henson's wonderful movies Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. Even the Care Bear movies have magic....

I worked at a Catholic daycare at my parish and all the children love Harry Potter and, amazingly enough, understand the difference between fantasy and reality and are still good Christian kids with no thoughts toward Satan. Children are incredibly bright, let's give them and their parents some credit.

"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway."

Heroes live forever.