Hurricane Katrina 4th Strongest Atlantic Hurricane

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 13,698 times. The latest Post () was by clancy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The only ones to blame should be </span></span></span>

Oh and the price of gas here now in some places has dropped to $2.79 per gallon of the cheap stuff.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The next thing you know is the liberal press will be blaming Bush for Chief Justice Renquist's demise just so he can nominate someone for that position. Just wait a few days and see if that doesn't happen.
    Jay :angry:

P.S. Carl - the Shell station a couple of blocks from my house also has gasoline posted at $2.79/gal. - oops, wait! When I drive by there in a little while, I'll double check and see if it has changed. :lol:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay, that's all too true and I agree w/ ya.

Also, yup, gas here is at least temporarily at $2.79. I sure hope it will eventually get back to more managable prices such as .85 cents per gallon like it was less than 4 yrs ago. :dead: But we KNOW that aint gonna happen. :stunned:

Originally posted by William T Brooks@Sep 5 2005, 06:21 PM
    I will say that I do not think that not many of us here in the U.S.A. would say anything about a Leader of another Country that had a Natural Storm of this Size. Almost the Size of Western Europe Coast Line.

Those who are criticizing George Bush should look before they leap. Otherwise, they may put their feet in their mouth.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• There's plenty of blame to go around. But for now it makes me sick to hear people point blame at anyone person or group, especially when people are still being pulled from that mess.

In these situations the chain of command (responsibility) starts at the local level!

Mayor > Governor > Federal.

The local authorities are the first responders...

If I remember right, the national guard (in each state) is under the control of the governor of that particular state. It appears that the local authorities couldn't execute their own disaster plan.

Well, that's all I have to say about it, I've been seeing people on TV throwing blame at others, so when I read the same thing here I just felt the need to post.

I'm thankful that a friend (and his family) made it thru the storm and flood. That's really all that matters to me.

Kevin

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Sep 6 2005, 04:52 PM
    P.S. Carl - the Shell station a couple of blocks from my house also has gasoline posted at $2.79/gal. - oops, wait! When I drive by there in a little while, I'll double check and see if it has changed. :lol:

[snapback]21229[/snapback]

I was right - I went by there last evening and it had gone up to $2.89/gal.

At last report, here in San Antonio, we had accomodated over 25,000 evacuees from New Orleans. According to the daily paper this morning, so many of these victims were so surprised and happy to find our locals were so friendly and helpful, some were seriously talking about making their homes here rather than go back to New Orleans.
    Cheers - Jay :)

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Sep 7 2005, 04:52 PM
    I was right - I went by there last evening and it had gone up to $2.89/gal.

At last report, here in San Antonio, we had accomodated over 25,000 evacuees from New Orleans. According to the daily paper this morning, so many of these victims were so surprised and happy to find our locals were so friendly and helpful, some were seriously talking about making their homes here rather than go back to New Orleans.
    Cheers - Jay :)

[snapback]21270[/snapback]

Don't let 'em make the Riverwalk, Jay, or you'll never get rid of 'em. :lol:

• Sorry I haven't been around lately. I just read all that was posted here and love the comments on this subject. I want to tell you that my community of about 36,000 people have just donated $1 million for the relief effort. That's pretty good for a bunch of red necks in the deep south. :lol:

I want everyone here to know that the blame goes to no one and things in life happen. We in the south have been accused of being racist, and now that something has caused harm to a population of a signficance to people of color, we all in the U.S. are racist. Welcome to the club! :huh: The media uses the race card when they can. I am sorry about the way things happen, and involved a city like New Orleans, but we didn't do it to them. I wish people could understand that bad things happen to many people and color doesn't have anything to do with it. It is the way you deal with the situation that makes the difference, and in many cases I am embarrassed with the African American people with the way they deal with their crisis for the most part.

:o I might get in trouble but if they would stop thinking that the government will come and take care of them and look to themselves, they might see that they will get more ahead in life. When Hurricane Ivan hit my home town last September, I didn't cry to the government for more money or help, I helped myself and got what I needed. It cost me some, but I was able to pick up and move on. I know that this is different, but they think that all they have to do is wait and good ole' Uncle Sam will come in and save the day. And I mean day. My gosh, everything should have been picked up life back to normal in 24 hours. We Are America! Things are solved and back to normal in 2 to 3 hours, you now like a movie. :)

President Bush did not cause this Hurricane! When I hear that Robert Kennedy Jr. come out laughing about this diaster, and blaming Bush for this, I just wonder what he is smoking, and anyway, if I remember correctly, life south of Boston isn't worth saving according to the Kennedy Clan. I don't have any respect for those people, and I think that his father and JFK would turn over in their graves.

In retrospect to what is happening, I don't want to paint a picture that it is not a tragedy, it is and many have died in this. I want to you know that Mobile, Alabama has been hit with 3 Hurricanes in a year. And they have lost a lot of beach land alone the coast. A lot of homes destroyed, and not many, but lives have been lost in this storm as with the others. I'm not trying to say that New Orleans is not worthy of attention to the storm, but Believe me when I say that Biloxi and Gulfport Mississippi were destroyed by the storm, and I'm talking about over 75% of those cities. And just about 100% of homes and businesses sustained storm damage. Though these cities were not as populated as New Orleans, they were hit much harder. I might also add that many towns in the lower half of Mississippi had substantial storm damage.

By the way, did you hear that federal money was given to New Orleans to update, repair, and strengthen their levees, but the money was used for something else over the years? Might be interesting in hearing about that story from Louisiana state government.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Careful, Hondo, or you'll have the congressional black caucus snapping at your heels. :lol:

• Here in CCland, we took in over 3K of evacuees and I think we are now down to around 1K. Many are going to stay here but many want to move elsewhere where they have more relatives at. I can't blame em for that.

• I like that Stumpy.

This is what I received from a freind that might be interesting.

I sent to some of my fella board members, but I wanted to let the rest of you read this.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• If the truth be known, we don't much about who's what and why. All we do know is that politics are being played on this situation. There is talk that natural diasters are being considered to be federalized; meaning that the federal government will take over if there is any natural diaster. I totally disagree with this because I believe that states should take care of its own, and the local government should be the ones who makes the initial decisions. If we let the federal government take over, then we are that closer to communism. The government is not to solve our problems, they are there to protect us from foreign attacks, not baby sit us when we have problems. What is going on here?! Are we going crazy? This is not happening!

Thanks for the article, Stumpy. I found this powerful and am fed up with the idiots here. By the way, we need to give these people the I-D-1-0-T form. Beam me up Scotty!!!

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

• First of all, I'm ashamed to say I'm in the newspaper business when I see all these pundits masquerading as reporters spouting out garbage when they don't know what they are talking about. The liberals want to throw out the blame the second that they see an opportunity to make hay against their perceived targets.
    Second, it is my understanding that the federal government could not make a move until a request came from the state government. Plus the actual logistics - getting into the area where travel is almost impossible, the ability to mobilize mass amounts of manpower and equipment, etc. - is virtually overwhelming.
    I think these characters are just hurting to hurl epithets in the direction of personages they don't like, they'll grasp at any straw if they think it has the least amount of credibility. :dead::angry:
    Jay :stunned:

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Sep 13 2005, 11:08 AM
    First of all, I'm ashamed to say I'm in the newspaper business when I see all these pundits masquerading as reporters spouting out garbage when they don't know what they are talking about. I think these characters are just hurting to hurl epithets in the direction of personages they don't like, they'll grasp at any straw if they think it has the least amount of credibility.

I'm sure you've seen the same surveys I have, Jay, that show at least 90 or more percent of "journalists" are liberal Democrats.

Which means the so-called "mainstream" media ain't nothin' but the propaganda arm of the Democratic party. That's one of the big reasons why a large part of the general public no longer trusts the news they get from these characters.

• Of course, out of every disaster and bad event, the jokes arise . . .

When asked what he thought about Roe versus Wade, President Bush was heard to respond, "I don't care how they get our of New Orleans."

clancy :rolleyes: