Heading To Canada

There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,784 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, gas prices be damned. I have been planning a trip to Canada fishing with my dad, brother, and 2 good friends since last year and we are still going. So I will not be on the board until a week from this coming Sunday and probably will not respond to messages till the 12th of September. You guys take care and have a safe Labor Day weekend, I will talk to you all when I get back. And hopefully have a story or 2 to share :)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Viper,
    With all this doom and gloom at the moment,
    I don't blame you going on, with your planned trip.
    Take care, and have a good time,

Bets Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Viper, hope you and your dad have the time of your lives fishing. I've never been to Canada but I hear its full of trees and GREEN. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Howdy Viper!
    Have a great time! We haven't been able to go camping or fishing all summer, so I'm looking forward to hearing how great your trip was.
    Have fun,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hello All
    Hi SxViper Canada should be so lucky as to have tourists visit and support our economy. I don't know where your headed and for what type of fish but I hope you catch your limit and have good weather and way too much fun doing it. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Viper - Have a good trip. I'm sure the temperatures are much more comfortable up where you are and where you're going. Down here in Texas, we have been going through a heat wave. I guess summer is trying to make its last gasp before temperatures start going down. (October around here!)
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hey Viper.

Hope you have a great, safe vacation up here in canada. Hope you go and catch lots of fish!.Depending on where your going you will probably spend $1.14 - $1.50 per litre.

-IHW

• Well I made it back and all is well. I had a great time and the weather was great as well. In fact it was probably too nice. The reason I say it was too nice is because it was sunny the whole time and good Walleye fishing usually requires some low light conditions, you can still catch them but it just makes it more difficult. We didn't really do to hot on the "eyes"(walleyes) but we did manage to get enough each day to have freash fish each night.

The real story though was the Northern Pike fishing. They were really fiesty and would just about tear the lures apart when they came after them. We caught allot of Pike and most were small and a few were 25 to 30 inches or so. But I did happen to catch the biggest on this trip, in fact it is the biggest that I caught in my whole life. So I promptly kept it and it is at the taxidermist getting mounted. I even have a picture of it. Her are the particualrs. It is 40 inches long and weighs 15 pounds. Pike are normally long and lean, so it may not sound very big but this is a good size fish for the species, not huge but nice size. It "ran" on me about 3-4 times and the reel was singing but I just kept working at it and finally got it in the boat with the help from a good friend. In fact we even broke the net when we were bringing it in. The really put up quite the fight and if you look in the picture you will see the teeth on them. That is why I am wearing gloves. Here is the picture.

The trip was really reasonable as well. I was alittle concerned about the gas prices but it was not bad at all with 5 guys payiong for gas. We stayed for 5 nights and with everything said and done it was around 300 dollars US. Glad to be home and now I am trying to give my peeling skin a break from all the sun.

-John Wayne

• Nice catch! I was about 15 the last time I caught a fish anywhere near the size of the one in your photo. I snared a 5 ft 5 in Kingfish. It took four of us at least an hour to get it on board.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Viper, that is one NICE lookin' fish! Great job!! We look forward to seeing a picture of the "stuffed" product as well.

Well, I don't have quite that impressive a fish story, but last weekend I took the family up to Lake Tahoe for a couple of days. My nine and seven year old kids have been begging to go fishing, so my brother and I headed out Sunday with poles and bait in hand, to a little spot on the Truckee River where I had caught my very first fish, an eight-inch trout, roughly fifty years ago.

Lo and behold, my seven year old daughter caught her very first fish (an eight-inch trout) within 50 feet of where I caught my first one! Sort of a sentimental moment . . . :rolleyes: . . . a-a-a-a-aw.

Chester :newyear:

• Hey Chester, thanks.

Nice story and sentimental works for me :)

As for a 8 inch trout, you have to start somewhere. I have ben fishing practically my whole 39 years and this is the biggest fish that I have ever caught. So you and you child still have time to snag the big one.

You can be sure of seeing the finished mount of the Northern Pike. See ya later.

-John Wayne

That is one adorable photo, Viper. Your daughter is very photogenic (and so is the fish)!
    Cheers - Jay

Jay, I must confess, although I sure wouldn't mind here being my daughter, but, that is Chester and the Mrs's girl holding the trout.

-John Wayne