Does Anyone Know In What Movie

There are 40 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,532 times. The latest Post () was by smokey.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Kristina@Oct 3 2005, 01:26 PM
    Does anyone know in what movie was the dog's name dog?

[snapback]21788[/snapback]

"Big Jake"

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi kristina,
    and WELCOME to the JWMB,
    I think you will find everyone here very friendly and
    knowledgeable, just like stumpy,
    who has already answered your question,

ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks for the welcome EE:) And thanks so much Stumpy!

• Hi Kristina - Welcome to the JWMB. Notice how swiftly you received an answer on your question. Not all questions are answered that quickly, but folks here are pretty knowledgeable and, more often than not, a posted question will get a pretty prompt reply.
    By the way, don't be shy - visit us often, we don't bite!
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hello All Does anyone know if the dog Sam in Hondo is the same breed as The Dog Dog in Big Jake or for that matter what breed either dog is. reckon this thread is going to the dogs, well I'm dog tired and sometimes when you leave a door open the wrong dogs come home if they have been dogging your trail and we are not talking about man's best friend in this case. Truth be told I have always admired both Dog and Sam for their characteristics. How about other dogs in JW movies, or other dogs in other movies, or other dogs in your lives. Seems a shame to waste a perfectly good thread by letting it die. I believe that unless member # 1100--Kristina, objects we might make use of this thread to discuss dogs. There may be a topic on dogs already but, with the search device going south if you include a short word, I don't know how to find it. I have read a lot but not all of the existing threads. Anyways We own a dog that we adopted from the animal shelter so his breed is not certifyable but we think he is a rough collie.
    For the first 6 months he put his mouth around my heal when I leaned in to say good night to the kids and give them a hug. Eventually he mellowed out as far as our family was concerned but he still responds to anything that appears threating. He's worth more then his weight in gold. That dog would tackle a grizzly or ten men if they threatened those kids. You could say that the dog and I are on the same page as far as that goes. I have owned 6 dogs and they all gave more then they asked.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi kilo6 and Kristina,
    Strange to run a thread about dogs,
    when this week we sadly had to have our little dog put to sleep!!

It is quite well known, one time while Duke was playing cards,
    he won the famous collie LASSIE, from its owner,
    only to give him back again, as a gesture of goodwill.
    It was believed that Sam in Hondo, was indeed Lassie,
    but there's never been any proof of it.
    However, when it got killed, it looked like a stuffed mongrel!!
    It would appear that, both Dog and Sam were, Collies,
    however, I might add, not the same one,
    unless it was a great, great, grandpuppy!

Best Wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello All
    Hi EE and I was wrong to miss the opportunity to say Hello and nice to have you here to Kristina on my last post. Kristina would you mind sharing why you were thinking about the Dog named Dog. Your question had me thinking about all the dogs in JW movies, and then to other movie dogs and then dogs in my life. Hi EE I am sorry to hear that your dog has come to the end of the trail. The dog I grew up with had an inoperable incontinent condition at the end and because she suffered no pain otherwise, my parents ( who run a pretty clean ship ) were determined that the dog would live as long as her health permitted. For years that dog slept and leaked outside their bedroom door and mom washed the blanket without complaint. When we went out the dog would sit in a chair by the window watching for our return. When we came back home the dog would give us a lecture and depending on how long we were gone the response could last quite a while. I was in the last bit of a four man relay at a track and field competition once with only 20 strides to go and win the event and my entire high school
    was watching when from out of nowhere streaks our dog and jumps up on me in play, This little trick cost my school advancing to the provincials and a quick whispered HOME
    sent the dog out of a lynch mob situation. I said nothing when the coaches were yelling who owns that @#** animal but my friends knew. I think that somehow the excitement of the day was noticed by the dog in the morning and she followed my scent to the track to see if I was ok. I used to wrastle with that dog all the time but she would not let anyone outside the family wrestle me. She could run beside my bicycle for hours and came on many an adventure with me and the boys. When her time finally came at nearly 18 years my parents didn't know how to tell us kids so we didn't know until the first visit home. There is a little boulder under the dogwood tree in the back corner of my parents yard, where the dog was buried. Someday when my folks are gone I am going to take that grave marker of our old friend and place it in the ground next to the graves of the folks so that she can stand to as she has always done.. Kilo

• hi kilo

we have had dogs in our family for as long as i can remember. most of our dogs have been Queensland Blue Heelers (australian cattle dogs) we have had a roo dog we gave him away after he started killing our chooks and after he killed our jenny roo ( he would only chase roos down if he was thrown from the back of the ute) he was a skinny one but fast, we have had a standard foxy, a bittsa who was a corgi crossed with something (good snaker), a boarder collie crossed with a kelpie, and one we had to put down when she was just a few weeks old as she was very sick cant remember what her breed was. we also had a stumpy cattle dog. mum and dad lost their dog last year and havent replaced him he was 17 yrs old a red/blue cattle dog much loved, my brother has a foxyXcattle, my sister has a queensland blue and i have a red/blue cattle dog (red mum, blue dad same as mums dog).

my cattle dog will bite first ask questions later which is good as she will protect the little bloke and myself. if you want to know more let me know

till later

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All Hi Smokey, your post is interesting and I do have questions, perhaps more then you have time to answer, for example;

What was the dog in Quigley down under?
    Was your roo dog used for herding, working with Kangaroos?
    Do you raise the Kangaroos for meat or Hyde?
    What is a chook?
    Was the Jenny Roo a breeding female?
    Is a Ute a Utility Vehicle ie a truck or something like a truck?
    Why was the Roo dog thrown out of the ute and was this when the ute was moving?
    Do you have cattle. No further questions your honor I rest my case and plead ignorance, so many things to learn so few hours in a lifetime. on another tangent did you receive my pm regarding Bondi tram? Chance has posted a topic questioning members if they are having pm issues. Sorry for the above interrogation however I have a great thirst for learning about other places and peoples lives, it serves to help me feel connected to my species per se well it's sunrise and I try to never miss a sunrise or sunset, this ones a beaut, when god made morn and eve she must have been in a good mood. Kilo

• Hi All, and welcome Kristina,
    I very well remember from my childhood TV series about Lessie (they was shown here and became quite popular), so it was very interesting to know about connection with Duke.
    I too have a little dog, it is rather old, I don't know how that breed is named in english, in russian it sounds taksa. Now we also have problems, because the big dog biked mine, and we have an operation two days ago. I hope that everything will be all right.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Quite honestly I was asking for a friend. I'm remembered the movie & could picture the dog in my head, but for the life of me couldn't remember the movie. And sadly, looking at the family movie collection, that is one of the few JW films we don't have here at home.

And I must say, this is quite possibly the most friendly/ fastest responding forum I've visited. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

• Hi Vera and Kristina,
    Kristina,
    as I said it's a friendly place
    and I'm glad your're enjoying it here.

Vera,
    nice photograph you posted,
    and I hope your dog recovers from the operation,,
    thanks Murray!!

Best Wishes
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Thanks, Keith,
    On it I'm with my son.
    Regards,
    Vera

Originally posted by Senta@Oct 5 2005, 10:13 PM
    My son was born, when I was 25.

Your son is a handsome and intelligent-looking young man, Vera. He looks like a son of which any parent would be proud.

De gustibus non est disputandum