The Awakening Land

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,392 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was just wondering if anyone on this board has ever seen the mini-series, The Awakening Land before. It starred Elizabeth Montgomery, Hal Holbrook, Jane Seymore, William H. Macy and many other lesser know actors. It was originally aired back in 1978 and the last time I saw it was in the early 90's. It followed one family's settlement into Ohio in the last part of the 1700's and early part of the 1800's. Elizabeth Montgomery did a great acting job as a "woodsie" who raised her family as best she could. I loved this show and can't believe it never came out on tape or DVD. My copy, which I taped off Tv and watched many times after, is getting worn out. So the powers that be better get hopping and get this film on DVD. Has anyone else saw this mini-series? And if so, what did you think?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Originally posted by dukefan1@Oct 26 2005, 07:51 AM
    I was just wondering if anyone on this board has ever seen the mini-series, The Awakening Land before. It starred Elizabeth Montgomery, Hal Holbrook, Jane Seymore, William H. Macy and many other lesser know actors. It was originally aired back in 1978 and the last time I saw it was in the early 90's. It followed one family's settlement into Ohio in the last part of the 1700's and early part of the 1800's. Elizabeth Montgomery did a great acting job as a "woodsie" who raised her family as best she could. I loved this show and can't believe it never came out on tape or DVD. My copy, which I taped off Tv and watched many times after, is getting worn out. So the powers that be better get hopping and get this film on DVD. Has anyone else saw this mini-series? And if so, what did you think?

Mark

[snapback]22424[/snapback]

I seem to remember watching something like this with her in it and I recall that it was shown near Christmas. I also remember liking what I watched but cannot recall anything about it. I also remember thinking that this would make for a nice holidays type movie. There was another and this one came out last year that I thought the same about. This one of course was set in WWII in Belgium and of course was to do with WWII. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..