What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,472,283 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does it have the song "Streets of Laredo" in it? That was one of the first songs I learned to play and sing on the guitar. Still is part of my "campfire" repertoire, LOL! Wonder if I first heard it on that movie? LONG AGO! Keith

yes the song is in it hawkswill

Edited 2 times, last by ringo kid ().

• Hi Arthur,

What is this like?

Watched The True Story of Jesse James yesterday which was light but enjoyable.
    How does this one compare?
    Regards,
    Peter

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I watched Dead Man's Walk. It is the first prequel to Lonesome Dove. David Arquette did a pretty good job as a young Gus McRea but Jonny Lee Miller didn't do as well as Woodrow Call. I think he played him a little too stiff and angry at times. I think the first half was pretty good, but it tended to drag the second half. But, I do enjoy Larry McMurtry's story telling, so I enjoyed this, even with it's faults. I will soon get around to watching Comanche Moon, the other prequel.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I watched Dead Man's Walk. It is the first prequel to Lonesome Dove. David Arquette did a pretty good job as a young Gus McRea but Jonny Lee Miller didn't do as well as Woodrow Call. I think he played him a little too stiff and angry at times. I think the first half was pretty good, but it tended to drag the second half. But, I do enjoy Larry McMurtry's story telling, so I enjoyed this, even with it's faults. I will soon get around to watching Comanche Moon, the other prequel.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have Lonesome Dove teed up to watch on Blu Ray, would you suggest watching the prequel first or just going straight into Lonesome Dove?

Peter

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"