What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,472,710 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I remember that but not well enough not to see it again. Good ole Hal.....your favorite. Have to watch that. Did you see the stills I did of the fight scene with Duke and Ward in the Group Watch. If you watch their faces and the faces of the doubles, (which they most certainly DiD NOT need), you will see the difference in good stunt fights and bad ones, LOL! There were about 80 pictures. KP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Forgot, I saw some Western Movies too last night via TCM.

Support Your Local Sheriff w/ James Garner, Jack Elam, Walter Brennan, Gene Evans, Bruce Dern & Harry Morgan.

Along Came Jones w/ Gary Cooper, William Demarrest, Dan Duryea and Loretta Young.

Carry On Cowboy w/ ?????

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Tombstone" on AMC - too lazy to go get my DVD even though I hate all the commercials the channel tosses in!

Tombstone is one of the best westerns ever what a joy, it's built so superbly the cast is excellent, it's ridic knowone especially Val Kilmer wasnt oscar nominated

My all time favourite non-Duke Western
    Val Kilmer was just excellent
    The Wyatt Earp Movies- Tombstone

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• The Shootist, yes AGAIN. And Tall in the Saddle.....last day to comment on it in GW. I posted yesterday three pics of Duke and Arly's love scene. He must have been having wife troubles because he actually kissed her ON CAMERA, instead of turning his back. Yep, Irish said he thought he was! Check it out, and while you are there, leave a comment for us! Thanks,
    Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• A couple of weeks ago I ordered from Amazon five old Westerns starring Errol Flynn, one of my favorite actors from Hollywood's so-called Golden Age. Only two of them were what I'd term passable Westerns. The best by far was "Dodge City". The second, which also starred Randolph Scott and Humphrey Bogart, was "Virginia City". It wasn't bad, though not nearly as good as "Dodge City", which also starred Errol's favorite female costar Olivia de Haviland.

The other three Flynn Westerns were "Rocky Mountain", "Montana" and "San Antonio".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Western Union: fritz Lang directing Randolph Scott and Dean Jagger
    Really good western, must admit Randolph Scott is up there with Duke as my favourite western actor.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Jubal with Glenn ford, Ernest Borgnine ans Ros Steiger.
    Great western: Steiger steals the show with his fantastic portrayal of a really despicable character.

• Saw a recent western episode of Doctor Who. It was an interesting retelling of a Stranger who came to a town and helped the folks there (an alien) and a Gunfighter who came gunning for him (a Cyborg). The best thing about it was American actor Ben Browder guest starred as the Marshall of the town. Title A Town Called Mercy.

Scifi westerns. :cowboy: I love 'em. :wub:

We're burning moonlight.

• Had a bumper western watching session since Saturday night, as you can see by the posts!
    Wanted to thank Ringo Kid, correct me if I'm wrong as my memory is shockingly poor, for his recommendation of Escape from Fort Bravo.
    This really was a class Western with great performances from the key players. If any haven't seen it they should try and track it down.

• I watched this great classic on Friday??

Gary Cooper as Melody Jones (mistaken for the Dan Duryea character)

DvD Box Art:

Great Shot of Coop:

Great shot with William Demarest:

I wish this shot was bigger to show ya Dan Duryea:

Classic Coop:

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Support Your Local Sheriff w/ James Garner, Gene Evans, Walter Brennan, Jack Elam, Dick Peabody, Bruce Dern & Harry Morgan:

DvD cover:

Gene Evans, Walter Brennan and Dick Peabody:

Good shot of Garner:

W/ Harry Morgan:

Classic Jack!! Not sure if this is from the movie though?

This is:

And:

Classic Moment form SYLGunfighter:

From SYLGunfighter:

Finally found a good image with Bruce Dern in it:

Sons: Peabody and Evans w/ "Papa" Brennan:

Couldnt pass up posting this great shot:

And finally: