What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,466,461 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• About to finish up Second Season of "Maverick" and get started on Clint's "Rawhide". Got the first four seasons of that series in the mail Saturday so you know what I'll be watching for awhile.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The last couple episodes of Vegas with Dennis Quaid-semi contemporary (1960s) western/gangsters-old fashioned, and enjoyable

• "Montana" Errol Flynn, Alexis Smith. 1950. Excellent color- For me a very enjoyable movie. TCM

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• I don't know what they have going with this "incident" thing but all the eps I've watched so far (4) are titled "Incident" this and "Incident" that. Kinda silly, I think.

Man, listening to old Frankie Laine sing "Rawhide" sure brings back memories. The show itself was not one of my favorite television Westerns but I always liked Frankie Laine's singing. And, considering the fact there are no Westerns at all on TV these days, I 'm even enjoying the adventures of Rowdy, Gil, Wishbone and the rest of the gang.

• I watched what was without a doubt one of the stupidest TV episodes, of ANY series, that ever aired. It was about the 5th or 6th episode of "Rawhide" and the title was "Incident on the Edge of Madness" or something like that. Guest stars were Lon Chaney Jr. and Virginia Mayo. I swear, if that had been the first episode of "Rawhide", the series would probably have been canceled immediately following that particular show, and Clint's career would have been nipped in the bud. It was truly terrible.

• Rawhide for me always suffered from the episodes being too similar and the series having little focus. I'd like to get invested into it as I really like Clint but theres just so much of it that's not very good. Somewhat like Gunsmoke for me.

I watched what was without a doubt one of the stupidest TV episodes, of ANY series, that ever aired. It was about the 5th or 6th episode of "Rawhide" and the title was "Incident on the Edge of Madness" or something like that. Guest stars were Lon Chaney Jr. and Virginia Mayo. I swear, if that had been the first episode of "Rawhide", the series would probably have been canceled immediately following that particular show, and Clint's career would have been nipped in the bud. It was truly terrible.

I have to agree, which is a shame really,
    as we probably all grew up thinking of Rawhide as a great series.
    On reflection however, in later life, the series is looking very poor.
    I mentioned on my previous post, that even though the opening credits,
    shows starring Clint Eastwood, he didn't appear in this episode even for a second.

I will force myself to watch a couple more, and will report back!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England