What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,453,150 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Dead In Tombstone" (2013)
    -Danny Trejo, Dina Meyer, Anthony Michael Hall, Mickey Rourke

Plot: IMDB
    A gang overruns a small mining town murdering their own leader Guerrero in a cold blooded power grab.Sentenced to an eternity in hell he finds himself confronted by Satan himself offering a daring proposition: deliver the six souls of his former gang and he will escape damnation. With time running out, he sets out on a brutal rampage to avenge his own death.

Phantoms Review: As I've said in earlier posts, I love horror movies, along with westerns, it's my favorite genre, and whenever these two meet I'm interested, sadly, though , most of the hybrids are ...well...crap.
    Surprisingly, " Dead In Tombstone" is actually pretty decent. While it's obviously done on a low budget, it's well acted, has plenty of bloody action and a good ( if very simple) plot.
    Dina Meyer is drop dead gorgeous, Danny Trejo is tough and scary looking and Anthony Michael Hall makes for a good villain. Mickey Rourke is virtually unrecognizable as the devil because ( to be blunt) he's gotten so fat.
    If your not expecting too much, it's a fun movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "I don't have a I don't have a very clear copy to take this from, but this in in the very last scene where they all sing Oklahomal James and JC, very clear copy to take this from, but this in in the very last scene where they all sing Oklahomal James and JC, "

Sorry, thought you were still talking about Firecreek-didn't noticed the change to Oklahoman!

• Sorry there Alamo. This is what was said: If I seem a bit rushed it is because I am listening to OK......LAHOMA..............did you know JC Flippen and James Whitmore where in it.........besides my Gordon, LOL! Miss ya Kiddo. KEITH! Tommy, I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Thanks, KP Love Firecreek also! KP

"I don't have a I don't have a very clear copy to take this from, but this in in the very last scene where they all sing Oklahomal James and JC, very clear copy to take this from, but this in in the very last scene where they all sing Oklahomal James and JC, "

Sorry, thought you were still talking about Firecreek-didn't noticed the change to Oklahoman!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I've been collecting DVDs for about 12 or 13 years and my collection numbers around 1500. As I'm at the age (76) when I'm not sure I'll survive much longer, I've decided to select titles with which I'm fairly unfamiliar (because it's been so long since I've seen them), watch them and if I'm not totally impressed with the story, donate them to my local library. This past week, I watched five Westerns that I haven't seen in many a year. The titles were "Albuquerque" starring Randolph Scott, Gabby Hayes and Lon Chaney Jr. "Whispering Smith" with Alan Ladd, Robert Preston and Donald Crisp, "Broken Lance" starring Spencer Tracy, Richard Widmark and Robert Wagner, "Duel at Silver Creek" starring Audie Murphy, Stephen McNally and Faith Domergue and "War Arrow" starring Maureen O'Hara, Jeff Chandler and Noah Beery Jr. Of the five, I decided to give the library "Broken Lance" and "War Arrow".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• That's a good idea you have there, Stumpy. If the Library won't take them, try a local nursing home.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "