What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,474,202 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched Gunfight at OK Corral tonight. Excellent western with Burt Lancaster & Kirk Douglas. Nice tribute to Franki Laine.

Interesting that they used a lot of the same locations in Last Train from Gunhill as Gunfight at OK Corral.

Last Train from Gunhill was made the following year with Kirk Douglas, Earl Holliman and John Sturges directing.

Mike

• Well, we broke out The Shootist the other night, mainly to check out Chilibill's pistola, and enjoyed it very much. One thing I noticed this time, which was very interesting, was how they had dumped a tan sand over all the paved roads in the Carson City outdoor scenes, to make it look turn-of-the-century.

Chester :newyear:

• "The War Wagon"

Taw Jackson returns from prison having survived being shot, to the ranch and gold that Frank Pierce stole from him. Jackson makes a deal with Lomax, the man who shot him 5 years ago to join forces against Pierce and steal a large gold shipment. The shipments are transported in the War Wagon, an armored stage coach that is heavily guarded. The two of them become the key players in the caper to separate Pierce from Jackson's gold.

One of Waynes best movies (in my opinion) Great humor and action. Just a fun movie all around.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• 'Guns of the Magnificent 7'.

A much improved sequel following the awful 'Return of the 7' which sees George Kennedy take on the role of Chris.

The group dynamics are back for this movie, something which was obviously lacking in the second movie and the action is more refreshing. The dialogue however could have been improved a little with awful lines such as 'A pig in armour is still but a pig'. However despite this the movie was enjoyable and a pleasant way to spend an evening.

It was interesting in this movie that the sidekick gets killed and it is the older man who is allowed to live. If I was the director I would have killed off the mexican farmer as well as I thought that while he was likeable, his acting skills were not great.

The next movie in the series however is downright awful and stars Lee Van Cleef, its called 'The Magnificent 7 Ride'.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• El Dorado and just alittle bit of Red River on HDNet last night. Red River was on late so I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The Cheyenne Social Club, it was a 2 pack movie with FireCreek. Both starring Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "The Shadow Riders"

Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott are brothers who have fought on opposite sides in the Civil War, now that the war is over they go home only to discover that all their woman have been kidnapped by a renagade Confederate soldier who wants to trade the women for guns so he can start the war all over again.

Based on a novel by Louis L'amour, this is a fun movie, with lots of action and great chemistry between it's stars.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Watched Fistful of Dollars with Clint Eastwood. This was the uncut version though I dont know what was edited in the first place. It could be the beating Clint gets from baddies.

Not a bad show hard to imagine it was 41 years ago !!!!

Mike

• Nuthin' else was on this morning worth watching so I watched Audie Murphy, Brian Donlevy, Tony Curtis, James Best & Richard Egan in: Kansas Raiders.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I watched the last half hour of that movie as well and I still feel a little sick, what a terrible overblown ridiculas movie.

To make matters worse I watched another equally awful movie called 'Custer of the West' right after 'Seven Ride', I need to watch a good movie to wash both these films out of my mindset.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie