What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,552 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Ride him, Cowboy! Starring the Duke and a great horse named Duke doing wonderful tricks! I had not seen that movie before and it was real great fun, maybe my favourite of John Wayne´s older movies!

The Lucky Texan. I watched a beautiful colorized version.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• True Grit, then Rio Bravo and now: The Sons of Katie Elder. And who said Monday nights entertainment usually sucked prune pits? ;-))

I agree, it usually does but, not tonight ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• for john wayne's birthday i started with the big trail,stagecoach,the quite man,the searchers and end it with the shootist.happy birthday duke

• For the Duke´s Birthday: The colorized version of Rio Grande and The Desert Trail!

Can you kinds give a run-down on it?

Book 1 & 2 where great, but I did not like Book 3! - Elkanah Bent, who was killed in an explosion comes back again and he kills Orri Main and the wife of George Hazard at the beginning. Madeline tries to run the plantation of the Mains together with the former slaves and George goes to the south to help her. They get a lot of trouble with the Ku-Klux Clan and in the end George and Medeline become a couple...

I only watched Book 3 for one time, because for me it is more like a soap, than a portrait of North and South after the Civil War, and a woman running a plantation in the South short after the Civil War together with former slaves as co-workers seems stupid to me. I cannot imagine that this had been possible in 1866, because of the role women and Blacks played in this society at that time. - O.K. George comes because he needs a man to do this job, but all is so different from Book 1 and 2, and I don´t like Elkanah Bent to come back again. It´s a typical stupid TV-thing, that You can´t kill the bad guy! Blow him up, and he will be back to make it for another season!

Book 1 and 2 where a real great story about the time before and during the Civil War. I watched it on TV many years ago and even as I was in hospital because of a riding accident I did not miss one episode! Now I have the DVDs at home. Maybe You like Book 3, Ringo Kid, but I don´t. Book 2 had such a wonderful ending: George and Orri, North and South go hand in hand together into a bright future...!

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• Watched Maverick with Mel Gibson and James Garner-can't imagine ANYONE else in the Zane Cooper role but Garner (I heard 1st choice was Paul Newman!!).

• Book 1 & 2 where great, but I did not like Book 3! - Elkanah Bent, who was killed in an explosion comes back again and he kills Orri Main and the wife of George Hazard at the beginning. Madeline tries to run the plantation of the Mains together with the former slaves and George goes to the south to help her. They get a lot of trouble with the Ku-Klux Clan and in the end George and Medeline become a couple...

I only watched Book 3 for one time, because for me it is more like a soap, than a portrait of North and South after the Civil War, and a woman running a plantation in the South short after the Civil War together with former slaves as co-workers seems stupid to me. I cannot imagine that this had been possible in 1866, because of the role women and Blacks played in this society at that time. - O.K. George comes because he needs a man to do this job, but all is so different from Book 1 and 2, and I don´t like Elkanah Bent to come back again. It´s a typical stupid TV-thing, that You can´t kill the bad guy! Blow him up, and he will be back to make it for another season!

Book 1 and 2 where a real great story about the time before and during the Civil War. I watched it on TV many years ago and even as I was in hospital because of a riding accident I did not miss one episode! Now I have the DVDs at home. Maybe You like Book 3, Ringo Kid, but I don´t. Book 2 had such a wonderful ending: George and Orri, North and South go hand in hand together into a bright future...!

your right dukefan, u said everything about book 3. i taught book 1 and 2 are great.it showed what war can do to family and friends.book 2 is better than 1,but for book 3 i was very disapointed.it was a real stinker.i couldnt believe they brought back elkanah bent after they killed him in book 2.but that tv for you

• Book 1 & 2 where great, but I did not like Book 3! - Elkanah Bent, who was killed in an explosion comes back again and he kills Orri Main and the wife of George Hazard at the beginning. Madeline tries to run the plantation of the Mains together with the former slaves and George goes to the south to help her. They get a lot of trouble with the Ku-Klux Clan and in the end George and Medeline become a couple...

Thank you for the run-down on book 3, it sounds fairly bad and very boring. Boo 1&2 is for me ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..