What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,458,660 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Hatfields And McCoys" (2012)
    -Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton

Plot: IMDB
    'Devil' Anse Hatfield and Randall McCoy. Close friends and comrades until near the end of the Civil War, they return to their neighboring homes - Hatfield in West Virginia, McCoy just across the Tug River border in Kentucky - to increasing tensions, misunderstandings and resentments that soon explode into all-out warfare between the families. As hostilities grow, friends, neighbors and outside forces join the fight, bringing the two states to the brink of another Civil War.

Phantom's Review: From what I have read on the net, the true life descendants of the Hatfields,McCoys, and "Bad" Frank Phillips have all claimed that this epic History Channel Mini-series is not nearly as historically accurate as the History Channel says it is, but as an entertainment I thought it was an excellent show. Terrific acting from the entire cast, interesting and well written story,and plenty of action. It may not be totally accurate but it was definitely worth watching.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• So far no one's mention Hatfields and McCoys. Is it any good? I haven't watched it on my DVR yet...

Is it worth my time? What's the buzz?

Personally I have not seen it but--my Bro in Law and Sister liked it alot--and that's a tough thing to say because my sister notoriously hates Westerns and stuff like that.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Personally I have not seen it but--my Bro in Law and Sister liked it alot--and that's a tough thing to say because my sister notoriously hates Westerns and stuff like that.

Definitely see it-well worth the time!

• "Hatfields and McCoys" was totally engrossing. Due to the senseless tragedies that it depicted, I don't think I can say that I enjoyed it. It was violent, heartbreaking and a true American classic.
    It's being released on DVD next month and is definitely worth a rental.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hondo on Blu-ray. It was awsome!

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

Still waiting for my copy!:uhuh:

Watched North to Alaska on blu ray instead, great transfer but error in mastering so a frustrating watch.
    Once you notice it you can help but see the glitch, bit like latching on to a squeak in a car!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "Hatfields and McCoys" was totally engrossing. Due to the senseless tragedies that it depicted, I don't think I can say that I enjoyed it. It was violent, heartbreaking and a true American classic.
    It's being released on DVD next month and is definitely worth a rental.

We deal in lead, friend.

Thanks for the recommendation, Gorch. We'll try to get to it this weekend. I'm not intending to be snarky here, but aren't all tragedies senseless in nature?

muses One wonders whether PTSD wasn't a large part of what happened in starting that regional war between those families. Some of my ancestors came from that area. I know of the deep emotions that seethe within those American Primitives. Civilization was a thin veneer that lay over their surface.

It seems to me that we're returning to those times now...or perhaps we've never truly left them behind. Judging by the comments on news boards, some people only have a few molecules of religion and caring over their surfaces when it comes to the point of paying the widow's mite.

Oh, never mind me. I'm not feeling well. I'll be back to my normal cheery positive self in no time.

We're burning moonlight.

• I forgot to mention I watched: El Dorado.

Also, for any interested?

My dad had a Contractors business for many years and was doing so well during a certain period of time that he hired two full crews of 6-7 men in each. Believe-it-or-not, he had a Hatfield and a McCoy working -- one in each crew. This was back in the late 70s or early 80s.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Cowboys and Aliens with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford Not a bad movie. It wasn't what I thought, but it was not as good as I thought it could be. It is fine for the family.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote