What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,374 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Im a fan of Brad Dexter too. I recently got a double signed photo of him in: None But the Brave as a USMC Sergeant and also signed by Clint Walker--the USMC Captain.

Hi RK, Well, that must be a nice one. Will you send it to me, Please. Hmmm, you are the one who doesn't know how to send them, aren't you? Well, good time to learn. Shall I create an account and album for you? Then, we can talk on IM, the chat room or something, all you will have to do is upload the pic. Very simple, I PROMISE you. Thanks and HAGO, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hi RK, Well, that must be a nice one. Will you send it to me, Please. Hmmm, you are the one who doesn't know how to send them, aren't you? Well, good time to learn. Shall I create an account and album for you? Then, we can talk on IM, the chat room or something, all you will have to do is upload the pic. Very simple, I PROMISE you. Thanks and HAGO, Keith

Id be glad to make you a copy of it if you want? I think it's bigger than an 8x10? It really is a great shot. I think Keith posted it for me here somewhere? The other shot I have that's signed is one with Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin in it--from: The Dirty Dozen. That's on the site too.

Please feel free to make an account for me. I do have a lot but not all of my collection on a photo CD and I really need to get the rest on it. Trouble is--is I have lobby cards to get on CD--but most are the larger ones and I dont know if any scanners here in CC will take that size?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Saw Cowboys and Aliens again. This could have been so much better than it was...

For example, watch Firefly or Serenity. They're a wonderful mix of cowboys, western frontier life and spaceships. They're sort of westerns on other planets. Frontier life elsewhere. It's what will likely happen when we move away from Terra.

Joss Whedon, writer, creator and producer, is a genius. He's a fan of westerns himself.

We're burning moonlight.

• Trouble is--is I have lobby cards to get on CD--but most are the larger ones and I dont know if any scanners here in CC will take that size?

If you have a digital camera, you can take a picture of the lobby cards, then upload them to you computer. I've did that before, and it works out fine.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi RK, that is what most folks do, they take pics of them. Try it by placing them in a light and turn you camera flash off. Then, turn all the lights off and turn your flash on. Never know which works best with the media until you try it. HAGO, Keith....Let me know if you have any trouble.

If you have a digital camera, you can take a picture of the lobby cards, then upload them to you computer. I've did that before, and it works out fine.

Mark

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• An old favorite, "The Scalphunters" with Burt Lancaster, Ossie Davis, Telly Savalas, Shelly Winters, Dabney Coleman, Chuck Roberson and Burt's old circus partner Nick Cravat.
    This is a fun one, but only view it in the original aspect ratio. Director Sydney Pollock knows his widescreen canvas and Elmer Bernstein's score matches anything he did for Duke in the '60s.

We deal in lead, friend.

• An old favorite, "The Scalphunters" with Burt Lancaster, Ossie Davis, Telly Savalas, Shelly Winters, Dabney Coleman, Chuck Roberson and Burt's old circus partner Nick Cravat.
    This is a fun one, but only view it in the original aspect ratio. Director Sydney Pollock knows his widescreen canvas and Elmer Bernstein's score matches anything he did for Duke in the '60s.

We deal in lead, friend.

Scalphunters is a quality, old fashioned western with a few good lighter moments. The fight at the end is great.
    Always found the music strangely jolly for the film!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• If you have a digital camera, you can take a picture of the lobby cards, then upload them to you computer. I've did that before, and it works out fine.

Mark

Hi Mark, I had one at one time but, the day before we moved from Houston to Austin--my brother borrowed my camera--took various shots and then forgot--left it out on a ledge on the outside of the house--and it spent the night and most of the next day (before I thought to ask my brother for my camera) out in the pouring rain. I havent bought another since then. However, my cell phone has a camera and some kind of a cable to hook up to my computer--I was told I cna get pictures off my camera and to the computer--but I have no clue how to do that?

• Hi RK, that is what most folks do, they take pics of them. Try it by placing them in a light and turn you camera flash off. Then, turn all the lights off and turn your flash on. Never know which works best with the media until you try it. HAGO, Keith....Let me know if you have any trouble.

How well can they be seen using a camera from my cell phone? I dont know how to use that yet--but intend on learning before my next Great Niece/Nephew gets out of the oven before the end of October ;-))