What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,328 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Was hoping Pillars would have arrived but it hasn't.

Have to make do with Fess Parker in Davy Crockett
    Gary Cooper in The Plainsman which both arrived this morning. ;)

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Was hoping Pillars would have arrived but it hasn't.

Have to make do with Fess Parker in Davy Crockett
    Gary Cooper in The Plainsman which both arrived this morning. ;)

Speaking of arrivals, I just got a pink slip advertising that UPS tried to deliver your three movies to my house this morning-but I was out on my exercise walk and visit to the post office to send Keith some stuff. Im HOPING, that my Drs appt on Monday aint long or chances are-ill miss delivery again.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Forgot to mention, I THINK it was Cheyenne Autumn showing on AMC this morning???? I only saw part of it. Those I saw were: Jeffrey Hunter and Robert Wagner and I cant remember? but I might have seen a partial second of Spencer Tracy?????????

• Davy Crockett king of the wild frontier.

Sprawling Disney film with Fess Parker in the role that was made for him.
    I've seen him in a few things and have been less than impressed but somehow everything just fell into place in this role.

• Forgot to mention, I THINK it was Cheyenne Autumn showing on AMC this morning???? I only saw part of it. Those I saw were: Jeffrey Hunter and Robert Wagner and I cant remember? but I might have seen a partial second of Spencer Tracy?????????

Carl, are you sure it was that movie, as none of them were in it!
    Cheyenne Autumn
    Robert Wagner and Jeffery Hunter did
    White Feather, but no Tracy.
    and Tracy was with Wagner in
    Broken Lance and also The Mountain, but no Hunter!

Can't see what elso it could have been!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Santa Fe Trail: Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland.

New restored Blu Ray version. Not a massively impressive transfer, compared to the last batch of Olive films Duke releases, but I haven't seen the existing DVD so cannot compare.

• Davy Crockett king of the wild frontier.

Sprawling Disney film with Fess Parker in the role that was made for him.
    I've seen him in a few things and have been less than impressed but somehow everything just fell into place in this role.

Had my copy for a couple years now and love it more everytime I see it. Love the thematic music ;-))

• Thank you Keith, it must have been White Feather. I didnt get in on it from the beginning and only had time to watch about 30 minutes of it.

• Santa Fe Trail: Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland.

New restored Blu Ray version. Not a massively impressive transfer, compared to the last batch of Olive films Duke releases, but I haven't seen the existing DVD so cannot compare.

I have a copy of it on DvD--but it is or was a Public domain movie so the company that put the DvD out that I got it from--did absolutely nothing to restore the movie in any way, shapr or form--and you here hissing noise in the audio and crackles and pops. I HATE those cheap DvD sellers. However, I have three great stills from the movie and will get them posted here soon as Keith gets my CDs and gets the stuff fixed for me ;-)) Two sots include Ronald Reagan--but three feature both Flynn and de Havilland ;-))

• Ugggg, forgot to mention--I just watched: The Man From Colorado w/ William Holden, Glenn Ford, Edgar Buchanen and many other recognizable "faces." I like this movie more with each viewing.

The Yank Colonel (Ford) has these Confederates murdered after they tried to surrender.

• The Man Who Came Back-ok low budgeter from a few years back with Eric Braeden, Armand Assante, and George Kennedy. Filmed at Alamo Village.

• Frontier Marshall starring Randolph Scott and Caesar Romero as Wyatt and Doc respectively.
    Very good telling of this story: Caesar Romero was very good as Doc, showing he could do more than light romantic comedy or the Joker!
    Ward Bond and Lon Chaney Jr had 'blink and you'll miss them' roles too.

First DVD I've bought from the Fox archives, same as the Warner archives, and was very impressed. Considering only a year separates them the quality was better on the Frontier Marshall DVD than the Santa Fe Trail Blu Ray!

• Well, a "blink" is better than nothing!

The Alamo ala Duke. Cried the whole last 40 minutes or so....WOMEN!
    Finally, I know what yall have been writing about and can put Bill and Larry's pictures together. Next time I watch it will be to begin spotting the stuntment. If anyone knows of a particular scene with one, please let me know. THIS is going to probably be the largest undertaking I have attempted! But, there are a whole bunch of Ford stock folks in there, so....forward Ho! KEITH TP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I thought EVERYONE had seen The Alamo! In any case, some scenes to watch for: Bob Morgan doubles Duke in the street fight, Ted White doubles Hank Worden in the fall from the roof, Fred Graham & Gil Perkins do the swordfight with Harvey, Chuck Hayward gets shot off his horse(as a Mexican soldier) by Laurence Harvey. Those should keep ya busy for a bit.