What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,321 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Funny, received my copy of that movie in the mail yesterday. Going to watch it this evening. Did you enjoy it?

Latest western I saw was Red Sun last night. A great, funny and unusual western. One of Bronson's finest.

Hi Hondo Apache, don't remember talking to you before, but then I Do forget. Haven't seen Apache either, must look into that. Have seen Red Sun and thought it was really good....a departure from the norm and was quite funny in parts. Tell us what you thought after watching it. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Here is a great article on Man Without a Star with Kirk Douglas by my friend John McElwee, long time noted film historian. Has many pictures but also talks not only of the movie but the details behind the money "split" for Kirk, the director etc. Very interesting.......think I would like to see the movie. Any thoughts on it? Thanks, Keith
    http://greenbriarpictureshows.…erfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Funny, received my copy of that movie in the mail yesterday. Going to watch it this evening. Did you enjoy it?

Latest western I saw was Red Sun last night. A great, funny and unusual western. One of Bronson's finest.

I've have seen it a few times,
    but had recently watched a documentary
    about how American Indians felt ridiculed
    by Hollywood, particularly in casting
    white guys as Indians.
    So watching it again
    confirmed that a blue eyed Burt Lancaster
    somehow just didn't fit.
    However an enjoyable film

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• So Carl, ignoring all the joking going on, is The Search a good'un?

P:wink_smile:

I liked it. Im getting into movies that are post WWII and the realism is all there. This movie was filmed on location and though a few years after the war--look at all the destruction still around. The only other movies ive seen with that real destruction still dominant were movies like: Decision Before Dawn and The Story of G.I. Joe.

Anyway, Monty Clift was great in it as well as the kid (Jim) Ivan Jandl. There is another movie like this that is out and on DvD, but I cant think of its name off hand.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Im part Cherokee Indian--and blond haired and blue eyes ;-)) Ive seen a lot of original pics with fair-eyed and light haired Injuns ;-))My Dad was 50% Cherokee.

• Thanks for sharing that with us Carl, sounds far more exotic than what we have hear. My family is a mix of English, French, Irish and Scottish, lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "The Scalphunters" was on the Encore Western channel, and even though I have it on DVD, we enjoyed it in pan and scan while we prepared dinner. Great stuff.
    I guess that just the familiar dialog and music reminded us when we saw it while dating.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Strange, no one commented on this, wonder if anyone read it? It was featured in a couple of the better known western blogs besides being on John's own blog which anyone who studies the old films should be subscribed to. Also, his archives on there are a thing to be treasured. John bought his first film while in his early teens out in the NC mountain woods from a well hidden barn....the seller showed it on a screen in the woods! KEITH

Here is a great article on Man Without a Star with Kirk Douglas by my friend John McElwee, long time noted film historian. Has many pictures but also talks not only of the movie but the details behind the money "split" for Kirk, the director etc. Very interesting.......think I would like to see the movie. Any thoughts on it? Thanks, Keith
    http://greenbriarpictureshows.…erfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Hi

Rider on a Dead Horse. I had never heard of this film before It surprises me not only the rubbish films they put on daytime television but that we watch it.
    I had never hear of the 'star'??? of the film, the leading lady was Chinese and I recognised the other two people in the film.

You can guess from this description I wasn't too impressed.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Yellowstone Kelly w/ Clint Walker, Claude Akins and John Russell

Great shot w/ Claude Akins

Edd Byrnes as the fool Major:

Great shot of John Russell as Sioux Indian Chieftan: Chief Gall":

DvD cover Art:

• "Colorado Territory" starring Joe McCrea, Virginia Mayo and Dorothy Malone plus numerous second-rank players. Good Western in which Joel played a halfway bad guy who wanted to change his ways but was gunned down by a posse before he got the chance. Been many a year since I've seen Virginia in anything. At one time, she was probably my favorite actress (before I first laid eyes on Jean Simmons (bump))

De gustibus non est disputandum