What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,594 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Lady takes a Chance:

First time I've seen it and although it has Jean Arthur in it, great as Calamity Jane in the Plainsman with Gary Cooper, it still did make it above very average.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Saddle the Wind:

An absolute little gem of a Western. Robert Taylor, who I've never liked, still didn't manage to stop me really enjoying this one. John Cassavetes turn in a great performance and Royal Dano makes a tiny role one of the most memorable in the whole film.

• Just finished watching Randolph Scott's and Forrest Tucker's "The Nevadan". Pretty decent Western that sorta reminded me of the Duke's "Three Godfathers" in that the good guy (Scott) and the bad guy (Tucker) ended up as more-or-less buddies.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just finished watching Randolph Scott's and Forrest Tucker's "The Nevadan". Pretty decent Western that sorta reminded me of the Duke's "Three Godfathers" in that the good guy (Scott) and the bad guy (Tucker) ended up as more-or-less buddies.

Thanks Stumpy, been toying with getting this one. I'll pretty much watch any Western with Randolph Scott but this one is expensive to buy!

• Thanks Stumpy, been toying with getting this one. I'll pretty much watch any Western with Randolph Scott but this one is expensive to buy!

Yeah, a lot of the older movies over here are becoming fairly expensive. I used to buy movies like this for 7 or 8 dollars but anymore, they're 18 or 20 dollars.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The Willy Moran story, which I believe was the first series episode of Wagon Train. Frank McGrath, Charlie Wooster, the cook, had not even grown his beard yet. He was deathly afraid of dialogue. But after he grew his beard, he had fun with it.....almost as if he were a different person.

Ernie Borgnine was superb as Willy...ever seen him when he wasn't?

Ward hadn't fully developed everything about the characters and even the little things. For instance, instead of just the "Wagons Ho....." that became the norm for the start of the day's drive, he tried a few different start off commands. But he was good, as always for him also!

Thoroughly enjoyed it! TP, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Had an urge to see Burt Lancaster in action, so I ran a double feature of "Valdez is Coming" and "The Professionals".
    Valdez is really good, if a bit different, and I love when old Bob Valdez opens his war chest.
    Everyone here has probably seen the Professionals which is basically a two hour testosterone fest set to a rousing music score.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Texas Across the River Dean Martin, Alain Delon and Joey Bishop.

I wish they would release that on DvD--its a great movie. Alos, Peter Graves stars as a Cavalry officer who you cant understand what the heck he says--which is funny as heck.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I got this one which is only sold as part of the Errol Flynn Westerns box set. I thought it was fairly good and even better that Flynn was a Confederate Soldier. ;-))

• Well, IF UPS (and that's a big IF?) but if UPS gets their headgear on correctly--ill FINALLY get the sets of Monogram Westerns in that a kind soul by the namr of Peter--sent to me. However, they left two notices at me door starting on Wednedsay--I wasnt hone but the note said I could leave my signed authorization for him to leave it with a neighbor--which I did--and the MoRoNs didnt read my note saying so--and posted notice nr 2 within 3 inches of my orange highlighted note saying so.Those jerks did that to me last Christmas too.

• Or whole family was home, with 3 cars in th driveway when UPS stopped by. The dope didn't bother to knock or ring the doorbell-just put anote on the door that no one was home!