What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,457,120 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Or whole family was home, with 3 cars in th driveway when UPS stopped by. The dope didn't bother to knock or ring the doorbell-just put anote on the door that no one was home!

Sounds like the idiot who stopped by my home. I just got off the phone wiht a supervisor for the local office--which isnt listed in the phone book and I wonder whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????? Anyway, SUPPOSEDLY the idiot is going to leave me package with my neighbor or at my door? I dunno which? I called them about 10 times in a row before anyone answered the darn phone. Every time I called--it rang and rang for about a minute-then went to busy signal.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ah, yes...the (sarcasm alert) WONDERFUL entity known as UPS. They claim they deliver x-number of packages per minute, yet there are thousands of examples JUST like the ones listed (which, BTW has happened to me on multiple occasions)...

Makes you wonder about those so-called "deliveries!"

I hear ya. Because of many examples that happened to me like above--I flat out refuse to ever use their service. They were good oncet upon a time--but that was at least 20 years ago. I dont care much for their rivals either--but they are much better than (hicUPS)

• LOL, I have no trouble with Fedex home delivery and I ship packages that cost over $200 in shipping to CA! Quit UPS for my business and personal use YEARS AGO.

Watched Blue Steel, Dawn Rider, Desert Trail, Lawless Frontier, Lucky Texan and the Duke Documentary. Going to watch every one of these zillions of Bs, LOL. Wanna be able to say I watched every movie Duke ever made! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I hear ya, Keith!

There's a 4 hour long movie (something about the Falcon, or Eagle?) that was originally made into (I'm pretty sure) a 14 part serial. It takes place in "modern times," the 30s (modern then!), and it features a supposedly dead WWI flyer who has "come back to life."

I'm pretty sure it's on one of the compilation discs, maybe the one with the Ford documentary.

• Last evening and this morning I watched two Westerns starring Randolph Scott and among others, Gabby Hayes and Robert Ryan.

The first was “Badman’s Territory”. The second, and better movie, was “Return of the Bad Men”.

Both had glaring errors in Western history, as they had the James gang, Billy the Kid, Sundance Kid and other outlaws robbing banks and trains in the Indian and Oklahoma territories, whereas Frank and Jesse James were Missouri outlaws, Billy was New Mexico, and Sundance was in Wyoming with his buddy Butch Cassidy. Many of the other bad men named in the two movies committed their crimes in places other than Indian/Oklahoma Territories.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• LOL, I have no trouble with Fedex home delivery and I ship packages that cost over $200 in shipping to CA! Quit UPS for my business and personal use YEARS AGO.

Watched Blue Steel, Dawn Rider, Desert Trail, Lawless Frontier, Lucky Texan and the Duke Documentary. Going to watch every one of these zillions of Bs, LOL. Wanna be able to say I watched every movie Duke ever made! KEITH

TossUPS is one of the worst delivery places I ever had to use. I too never use them and hate it when I get packages through them. Guess what? they FINALLY showed up last night at 8:30PM--and their last notice to me said they would be ther at 5PM. I wwas getting ready to go take a shower when I heard banging on the door. I opened it and the guy tried entering my place-I said I was not dressed and pushed him out and said give me the paper to sign (was some sort fo electronic device) and I guess thought i was going to keep the damned thing as he insisted holding onto the device. I ripped it from his hands-closed the door-signed it and opened my door and handed it back.

• Yesterday evening I watched Randolph Scott's "Trail Street", in which he portrayed Bat Masterson. Today I watched his "Carson City". The latter was the much better film; in fact, it was one of the best Scott movies I've seen so far.

About 5 weeks ago I ordered a boxed set of Scott films from Amazon, all five of which came from the Warner archive. The set cost about 50 bucks total. Out of the four I've watched so far, only two were halfway decent. "Carson City" is an excellent Western though. In fact, there's a saloon fight that rivals the Duke's best,

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Originally Posted by Hawkswill
    LOL, I have no trouble with Fedex home delivery and I ship packages that cost over $200 in shipping to CA! Quit UPS for my business and personal use YEARS AGO.

TossUPS is one of the worst delivery places I ever had to use. I too never use them and hate it when I get packages through them. Guess what? they FINALLY showed up last night at 8:30PM--and their last notice to me said they would be ther at 5PM. I wwas getting ready to go take a shower when I heard banging on the door. I opened it and the guy tried entering my place-I said I was not dressed and pushed him out and said give me the paper to sign (was some sort fo electronic device) and I guess thought i was going to keep the damned thing as he insisted holding onto the device. I ripped it from his hands-closed the door-signed it and opened my door and handed it back.

Afraid if the guy tried to get into my house, I would've shot him....Yes, I am serious. At 62 PLUS, 120 pounds, and female to boot.......NOBODY is getting into my house that I don't know.....won't take any chances. Only have one pistol, my .357 Magnum 4 inch barrel S&W model #19. It is in my belt at the small of my back if someone even starts coming to the door that I don't know. And Yes, I know very well how to use it, LOL.

I am watching tons of old JW movies...will have to write them down next time. Fun thing is seeing old character actors very young! Sometimes I first recognize them by their voice. Gabby Hayes is one, but is billed as George Hayes in a lot of the really old ones. Same voice, but dark shorter hair, no beard or mustache.........yet, need the voice, or you would pass him right over. He died in '69 at 83...quite a career he had! I think my favorite of his, so far is Tall in the Saddle. I can just see him almost getting pulled of the coach going down that mountain and being brought back to sitting by Duke! Yeah, Uhhuh! KEITH

• DJango Unchained-bloody, gory, violent, funny, lots of swearing - if you didn't like Wild Bunch you probably won't like this. Christoph Waltz steals every scene he's in-lots and lots of cameos. 3 hours long, and slows down once DiCaprio comes into the picture, but I really enjoyed it!

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• Wagon Train
    Path of the Serpent and
    Weight of Command

Two of the best of Ward's Wagon Trains First stars Terry Wilson as Bill Hawks with Noah Berry, Jr as famous Mountatin Man, also Jay Silverheels as his friend, The Serpent
    Second stars Ward, Bill , and Frank McGrath. Because of decisions to be made and outcomes, Ward shows tremendous emotion, as do the others.
    KEITH TP

• The Sons of Katie Elder is really a good one to watch on Christmas day. Christmas with Duke is always fun and seeing this one makes my day. Wish they make them like this today.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote