What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,477 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• After a very rewarding but hectic couple days, my son and I saw "Django Unchained" today. I entirely agree with Alamo221's capsule review.
    Some music choices were dead on but others take you right out of the movie. A little self indulgent.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Couldnt get away with shooting the delivery guy--not since Corpus Christi is turning liberal. He was lucky that I didnt smash his arm by closing the door. I had a similar experiance like that trying to keep an inmate inside its dorm--back on: Dec 1996. That fool got VERY lucky ;-))))

Anyway, on handguns: There is a new manufactured EXACT copy of an M-1911 A-1 Colt .45. I saw some going for about $450--which is a darned great price for a .45. These are made by Colt--and are made exactly like those made in WWII-O.D. Green parkerization and all. I aim to get one of these sometime during the year. .357s are good-but I dont care for em since im more into WWII Weaponry ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Fergot to mention: Saw part of Big Jake on AMC yesterday but had to leave. Then this morning saw: Fort Dobbs w/ Clint Walker (his 1st feature length movie) Virginia Mayo, Brian Keith and Richard Eyer. Not bad for Clint's first serious oater ;-))

DvD

Richard Eyer and Virginia Mayo:

W/ Brian Keith:

• Finally watched my Blu-ray version of THE BIG TRAIL. I was amazed at the difference in quality of video and especially sound of this version over the DVD copy I had. Very enjoyable this time through. Caught Ward Bond in three scenes and actually understood all the dialogue for the first time.

• Last night I watched "Westbound", which starred Randolph Scott as an ex Union soldier appointed to manage a stage company. Not a great Western but not a bad one either.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I don't know if it can actually be called a Western but--I just saw: The Frisco Kid w/ James Cagney. Its about the Barbary Coast in or around 1850.

Not too bad a movie and I enjoyed it.

DvD:

Still a minor "punk"

Startin to get some respect but still a minor punk:

Not so minor of a punk anymore:

The love interest:

The startings of his "racket: