What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,454,531 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gunfighters with Randolph Scott, followed up with an episode of 26 Men and an episode of Laramie.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Gentleman Peter.....like that,LOL!
    El Dorado......LOVE IT! Duke should have had more small horses like Zip Chochise......beautiful and makes Duke look even bigger LOL KEITH

That's especially neat is Peter was an Irishman? :lol::lol::lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Had a Duke double header. First was "Texas Terror", which I had never seen. I enjoyed watching Wayne but won't see it again.

Followed up with the Director's Cut of "The Alamo" on laser disc. Always a gratifying experience. Sublime.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Fort Osage w/ Rod Cameron and Iron Eyes Cody. Pretty good Western but the damned dics skipped a few times.

Great shot of them vengeful Injuns:

• Over the last three nights I have watched Somewhere in Sonora, Man from Monterey, and The Telegraph Trail. All starring Duke and Duke. Pretty clear resolution on all of them as I watched while riding my eliptical machine. Pretty standard B movie storylines. Duke the hero fights off evil and gets the girl while Duke the Wonderhorse does something special to help save the day.

• Over the last three nights I have watched Somewhere in Sonora, Man from Monterey, and The Telegraph Trail. All starring Duke and Duke. Pretty clear resolution on all of them as I watched while riding my eliptical machine. Pretty standard B movie storylines. Duke the hero fights off evil and gets the girl while Duke the Wonderhorse does something special to help save the day.

I cant remember if his Stoney Brooke--Three Mesquiteers movies are on DvD or not? Ive longed to have the entire Mesquiteers series on DvD. I think there are about 34 of them made.

Anywya, I think have all the ones you mentioned above. I saw one fo those Duke Westerns that was on one of those $1 dollar DvDs you used to be able to get at WalMart--and saw it on a friends flatscreen TV when they bought one for around $6,000 about 5 years ago. Even unrestored--it looked and sounded great.

• I cant remember if his Stoney Brooke--Three Mesquiteers movies are on DvD or not? Ive longed to have the entire Mesquiteers series on DvD. I think there are about 34 of them made.

Anywya, I think have all the ones you mentioned above. I saw one fo those Duke Westerns that was on one of those $1 dollar DvDs you used to be able to get at WalMart--and saw it on a friends flatscreen TV when they bought one for around $6,000 about 5 years ago. Even unrestored--it looked and sounded great.

Some of the Mesquiteers are on DVD. I think Duke only did 8as Stoney Brooke though there were 51 total.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Mesquiteers

• Some of the Mesquiteers are on DVD. I think Duke only did 8as Stoney Brooke though there were 51 total.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Mesquiteers

Ahhhh, many thanks. I just wasnt sure on them being on DvD but that is great news ;-)) I didnt know there were 51 of them? Ill have to look at a site I found that breaks them all down to who was in each titles and such. That was what I thought--around 8 movies in the series for Duke. Ill be looking into these for sure ;-))

• I cant remember if his Stoney Brooke--Three Mesquiteers movies are on DvD or not? Ive longed to have the entire Mesquiteers series on DvD. I think there are about 34 of them made.

Hey Carl, Olive films is releasing some of the John Wayne Mesquiteer films on DVD and also on Blu-Ray. I have heard that they did an outstanding job on them.

Also, just found this online, you can pick up the collection of Three Mesquiteer films, 50 of them, on DVD for $69. A bit out of my price range right now, but if you're interested, here's the link: http://www.thefilmcsa.com/the-…ollection--50-movi50.html

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Edited once, last by Colorado Bob ().

• "Bite the Bullet". Didn't care for this one when I saw it at the theater in its initial release, but since then I have slowly come to realize that I was a shallow idiot.

This is an elegiac and rousing farewell to the "old west" standards of friendship, respect, self reliance, and independence.

The cast, with the exception of a shaky Candice Bergen, is magnificent. The Alex North score is world class and the cinematography is even better.

Ben Johnson and James Coburn merit special mention.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hey Carl, Olive films is releasing some of the John Wayne Mesquiteer films on DVD and also on Blu-Ray. I have heard that they did an outstanding job on them.

Also, just found this online, you can pick up the collection of Three Mesquiteer films, 50 of them, on DVD for $69. A bit out of my price range right now, but if you're interested, here's the link: http://www.thefilmcsa.com/the-…ollection--50-movi50.html

Thank you bob and I have the site bookmarked. Ill be ordering loads from them ;-))

Also of note--Garrisons Guerillas TV series is being released as well as (EH HEM)))))) Drum Roll please XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

RED BALL EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Almost forgot, just watched the first of the Whip Wilson "B" Westerns on the Monogram Westerns Collection Vol 2--and I cant remember the title off hand--it was pretty darn good.

• El Dorado remains one of my favorites. I always tease my wife by asking "have you seen this one." She always replies with "the Look." Well, she loves me and I get to watch it Again. Ed Asner is one of my favorite actors but I don't like him in this one, even though he does a good job. He always takes time to write a little humor along with his autograph.

dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/2937/