What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,472,609 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Arthur and sorry I didnt see this before now. Im not ahuge fan of Gunsmoke either but--I think ill start collecting at least the earlier seasons-mainly the black and white ones. Though I watched many of the later seasons--those mostly did nto have the Marshal in them and heavily relied on Festus and that other guy--cant think of his name? but I cant stand him. Ive never seen any of the episodes that had Burt Reynolds or (cant think of his name at the moment--but was the one who later played: McCloud)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hope your bingo friend feels better soon Ringo

Thank you Irish--and me too. She has never missed this many days of Bingo in over 30 years. I think she is just waiting till her things get back in order because the right side of her face is sagging thanks to the stroke. She is telling em how good her therapy is going--and she has a great attitude. The bad thing is--she will not be returning to work--so is effectively retired and im HOPING the company she worked for--offered retirement.

• I ahvent watched any lately because ive been converting several members who are on the Histomil and USMilitaria Forums--into watching Westerns--or more of them. Out of about 10 or so from both sites--I might be able to get a few to join in on the fun here.

• Have spent the past two days watching episodes from the original "Maverick" starring James Garner as Bret and Jack Kelly as Bart. Still a very enjoyable, and often funny, TV Western.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "The Wild North" - on TCM today. A somewhat obscure western starring Stewart Granger and Wendell Corey with Cyd Charisse playing an Indian. The story takes place in Canada with Granger a trapper who kills a man in self defense and Corey the Mountie that is sent to bring him in.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• North West Mounted Police.
    Gary Cooper movie, which was looking like a good action movie,
    until completely ruined by Cecil B. DeMille's insistence
    on injecting 'comedy' into some action pieces.
    Absolutely silly, including some of Coops badly acted expressions!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hi

DeMille wanted John Wayne for the second lead in Northwest Mounted Police but Duke remembering how DeMille had treated him when casting the Plainsman turned him down.

Regards

arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• a few esp of f troop

I almost picked up the first season yesterday but--I got Rawhide instead. Also, back in 81, I visited Fort Courage. It was not complete when they used it in the series and most of it is till there-or was when we breezed through on our way to Victorville California.