What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,397 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rio Grande and Still a Great Film to Watch, and I am trying to find out More About the New Secret Test Site that Starts just a Few Miles North of where Rio Grande was Filmed in the Late 1940s and early 1950s?
    :ohmy:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Sunday w/ Errol Flynn: They Died With Their Boots On and San Antone. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Both are top notch Westerns.

I caught somehting with Gary Cooper today but did not catch it's title. Good movie whatever it's title was.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Rare Breed" with Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara, the only thing that it Needed was the Duke in it. It would be Mighty Hard to Beat Those Three in a Film !
    But the Hereford Bull in the Film Looked Like One of Duke's Herefords from the 26 Bar Ranch !!!
    :thumbs_up:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Saw The Westerner, and thanks to BillofPA, Man of the West was the Coop title I was looking for. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Also, don't know if its actually a Western or War Movie but, I saw They Came To Cordura, before I finished my Coop marathon with Pride of the Yankees.

• "Face Of A Fugitive" (1959)
    -Fred MacMurray

A man on the run wanders into a new town, changes his name, falls in love with the Sheriffs sister and ends up being one of the good guys.

Solid well acted film. Plenty of action and a good story

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Unforgiven with good ol' Clint Eastwood. A very good movie! :thumbs_up: Seen it a few times already and still not tired of it.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Also, don't know if its actually a Western or War Movie but, I saw They Came To Cordura, .

Hi Carl,
    What do you think of it. I too watched it last night and have mixed impression. Must think more about it. I've read in one of Duke biographies that he didn't like this movie - I can understand why. But Cooper and Hayworth performanses were great in it.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Hi Carl,
    What do you think of it. I too watched it last night and have mixed impression. Must think more about it. I've read in one of Duke biographies that he didn't like this movie - I can understand why. But Cooper and Hayworth performanses were great in it.
    Regards,
    Vera

Hi Vera, the first time I saw this movie, I did not care much for it but, every time I watch it, I like it a bit more and more. I still don't think it was one of Coopers best movies though-not in the same league as movies like: Vera Cruz, Sgt York, Jones If Coming, Pride of the Yankees, Springfield Rifle, Ball of Fire and Beau Geste. I think the reason why I like this movie is because of the performances of the main actors in it.

Today on TCM is Roy Rogers Day. I started off the day with Dark Command and saw a few other RR films-not noticing their titles as I was busy doing things while they played.