What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,520 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Tonight I just saw for the umteenth time: O my darlin......O my darlin.......O my darlin Clementine. In other words, I saw the classic: My Darlin Clementine.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• In honor of Fess Parker THE GREAT LOCOMOTIVE CHASE. On beautiful HD.
    As in most Disney films of the 50ths. action with no on screen dying.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Wild, Wild West- Will Smith, Kevin Kleine.
    Tried to get into this, but in the end considered it utter tosh.
    Although it is still WB's most expensive film,
    it was a complete disaster.
    Will Smith, turned down The Matrix for this,
    and now admits it was his biggest ever mistake.
    It's only saving grace, the beautiful MV scenery.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• A double feature for me this last weekend:

1)"Duel At Silver Creek" (1952)
    -Audie Murphy

Plot: IMDB
    A gang of claim jumpers is infesting the territory, gaining ownership of undermanned mining operations through extortion...and leaving no live witnesses. But one victim, quick-drawing gambler Luke Cromwell, escapes. Meanwhille, Marshal Lightnin' Tyrone is also after the gang; recovering from one raid, he meets femme fatale Opal Lacy, who may not be healthy for him to know. When Luke, now calling himself the Silver Kid, joins forces with Marshal Tyrone, the gang had better watch out ...unless something drives a wedge between the new allies.

Phantom's Review: I like Audie Murphy, he made some good movies, but this one is kind of mediocre. Certainly not a BAD movie, just...kind of forgettable.

2)"Money, Women and Guns" (1959)
    -Jock Mahoney

Just after making a large gold discovery, an old prospector is ambushed and killed by three masked men but manages to kill two of his attackers before he dies. He also manages to scribble out a will, which is given to detective "Silver" Ward Hogan, who is hired to track down the legitimate heirs and to try to find the third murderer.

Phantom's Review: This was a fun movie (and a great title) Plenty of action and a good story. The only thing that didn't really work was the love story sub-plot. Mahoney and co-star Kim Hunter had no real chemistry between them. Other than that this was a fine western adventure.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Posse from Hell and No Name on the Bullet both starring Audie Murphy.
    Redcap

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• Stagecoach, well most of it on TCM. I fell asleep before it ended. It was late. But I think I know how it ended.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

Felt like I was back in the Saturday Morning Picture Club just finished watching the Tall T with Randolph Scott and then Dark Command. No ice cream lady though. Still can't have everything.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• "The Showdown" (1950)
    -William Elliot

Shadrach Jones, ex-Texas State Policeman, has a ruthless determination to find and kill the man who shot his brother in the back and stole the money with which he was to buy a ranch for he and Shadrach. At the saloon-hotel ran by Adelaide, Shadrach is convinced that one of the cowhands on a cattle drive by Captain McKellar to Montana is the killer, and he takes the trail-herd boss job to identify the man. McKellar preaches to Jones that he should forget revenge and let the law of retribution take care of the killer. Shadrach's hard driving of the men and his hunt for the killer makes him bitterly hated, and his retribution quest ends in a manner he has not anticipated.

Phantom's Review: Fun little "B" movie. Plenty of action and a murder mystery to solve. Not a bad way to spend a lazy afternoon.

• "Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter"

Legendary outlaw Jesse James meets...well you get the idea.

Phantom's Review: One of the greats...if you like truly God awful movies. Hysterically funny even though it's not supposed to be. Awful on every level. Perfect for a bad movie night.

Edited once, last by Phantomstranger ().