What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,469 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Bronco Billy (I think, we could call that a Western movie...) starring Clint Eastwood. I could watch it a hundred times and still love it, it´s so wonderful and funny...!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• "Shoot Out At Medicine Bend" (1957)
    -Randolph Scott. Angie Dickinson, James Garner

Plot:
    The brother of a cavalry officer is killed in an Indian raid, because he was sold faulty ammunition and could not defend himself. His brother and two fellow soldiers go after the crooks who sold the bad ammo.

Phantom's Review: While this is a minor film in Scott's career it is still a fun movie, with plenty of action. I enjoyed it.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Alamo! Much better than the Alamo Picture from 2003 and no one could play Davy Crockett better than the Duke!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• I've got another obscure one that is actually pretty good - "Cannon For Cordoba" with George Peppard and a rousing Elmer Bernstein score. It was on MGMHD and I doubt it's on dvd.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I've got another obscure one that is actually pretty good - "Cannon For Cordoba" with George Peppard and a rousing Elmer Bernstein score. It was on MGMHD and I doubt it's on dvd.

We deal in lead, friend.

didnt like that western gorch.i cant take george peppard in a western.he was good in the A Team and a few war films he did but thats all.i did'nt like him in the how the west was won either

• I caught part of El Dorado when it was shown as well as The Outlaw Josey Wales again and recently-Audie Murphy in: No Name On the Bullet, Clint again in Joe Kidd and Two Mules For Sister Sarah.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Outlaw Justice" - starring Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Travis Tritt. Not great but not bad (I Have a soft spot for Country Music stars trying to act!)

"The Comancheros" - Just one of my all-time favorite movies.

And a couple of fun John Wayne/Burt Kennedy movies: "The War Wagon" and "The Train Robbers".

• "Jonah Hex" (2010)
    -Josh Brolin

First let me say I'm a huge fan of "Jonah Hex" The comic book, I've followed the character since he first hit comic stands in the early '70's and when I first heard about this film I thought "great, I hope they do it right"
    Well now Ive seen it it all all I can say is...it's okay. Not the worst movie of all time, but given the source material it should have been great.
    Josh Brolin is perfect in the part, but the film makers were so intent on making a "Comic Book Movie"they forgot that Hex is first and foremost a western.
    All the sci-fi and supernatural aspects of the film were totally unnecessary, Had they stuck with a basic revenge story it would have been a much better movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town