What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,705 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• the violent men with glenn ford.a great action packed western.a great performance from barbara stanwyck as the greedy wife of edward g.robinson.also a great line by ford is( don't make me fight,you won't like my way of fighting) just brillerent

• Two Burt Lancaster films.
    Vera Cruz 1954
    Valdez is Coming 1971
    Two very fine films.

Vera Cruz is one of my alltime favorites. I cought the same showing you saw about half way through. I love the film and will be trying to find some stills for it to get. I have only two stills with Gary Cooper-one is a good shot of him at his courts-martial in: Springfield Rifle, and the other is that infamous pic from: Unconquered.

BTW, I dont think I told you yet but all my A Time To Love and A Time To Die stills came in. I got extras of two of them. The seller even threw in a few more for the heck of it since I bought 17 from him and I think I wiped him out on stills from that movie? ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• No Name on the Bullet. Audie Murphy 1959.
    Murphy in a fine performance as a hired killer who rides into town and sets the whole town on edge.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Hi

Gunfight at the OK Corral. It was obviously shot inOld Tucson and seeing Burt Lancaster hiding behind the same wall that Duke and Walter Brennan would later hide behind in Rio bravo was quite strange.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• "High Plains Drifter" (1973)
    -Clint Eastwood

Violent tale of revenge with Eastwood perfectly playing his trademark role of "The Mysterious stranger". Heavily influenced by the Sergio Leone/Spaghetti westerns of the time. A classic of it's kind and one of my all time favorite Eastwood movies.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Watch two.
    Goodnight for Justice. On the Hallmark movie channel.
    Jeremiah Johnson on AMC. Again another movie that I could have watched on DVD. Lazy I guest.:headbonk:

• No Name on the Bullet. Audie Murphy 1959.
    Murphy in a fine performance as a hired killer who rides into town and sets the whole town on edge.

Funny you mention this Bill, I just bought the DvD several weeks ago, watched it and like it very much. Murph did a very good to great job, as was his usual ;-))

I ended last nights TCM Ernest Borgnine "marathon" with: The Wild Bunch. That movie has aged very well and I never tire of watching it ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have been watching Gunsmoke most nights on Encore. It never dawn on me before, but I have seen every occupation in town over the long run of this well written show. With the exception on town mayor. I guess no government is good government.

• I've been watching Randolph Scott Westerns for about a week. Yesterday, I watched the three on this DVD. "Thunder Over the Plains" is one of my favorites, since it deals with carpetbaggers in Texas after the CW.

De gustibus non est disputandum