How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,898 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• What a difference a few hours makes! Early this morning the news (on all the major stations reported that all expressways were closed and the recommendation was not even to drive on residential streets because of a hard cover of ice everywhere. Main arteries were shown as blocked with traffic and roads elsewhere completely empty.:headbonk: Looked like a sci/fi movie!:blink:
    However by 11 a.m., traffic was on the move and roads were mostly dry.
    I even managed my weekly trip to the local grocery about five blocks away!:twitchsmile:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• What a difference a few hours makes! Early this morning the news (on all the major stations reported that all expressways were closed and the recommendation was not even to drive on residential streets because of a hard cover of ice everywhere. Main arteries were shown as blocked with traffic and roads elsewhere completely empty.:headbonk: Looked like a sci/fi movie!:blink:
    However by 11 a.m., traffic was on the move and roads were mostly dry.
    I even managed my weekly trip to the local grocery about five blocks away!:twitchsmile:

From 9 Pm last night till 7 Pm tonight, there were 100 traffic accidents in Austin,was much worse in Corpus Christi, they were averaging 100 accidents per HOUR.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• stumpy
    well i live in the ipswich area really but it is also close to brisbane and yes the cyclone did come in north of me we will get the rain shortly but at the moment it is sunny and humid

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• stumpy
    well i live in the ipswich area really but it is also close to brisbane and yes the cyclone did come in north of me we will get the rain shortly but at the moment it is sunny and humid

cheers smokey

Sharon,
    You should latch onto one of those flyers at Amberley. He can support you and the lad and then you won't have to work so hard. :wink:
    Jim

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Just to give you an idea of what things have looked like in much of Texas for almost a week. Sure not fun trying to drive in this, especially if you're not accustomed to it.

What's ironic is that the Super Bowl football game, featuring teams from northern states that usually have this kind of winter weather, is being staged in Arlington, near Fort Worth. Ordinarily, we'd have beautiful weather for both teams to enjoy but now, they should feel right at home.

• Bright sun and warmer temperatures today. Hopefully, conditions will melt some of the snow and ice that coat north Texas.

Lookin' good - I went out earlier and managed to easily shovel most of the ice and snow off my front porch so people won't slip and fall, rendering me liable for a lawsuit. :lol You know how lawyers are. :wink:

• thanks stumpy but only have time to worry about the lad at the moment, hubby was a RAAFie from Amberly:wink_smile:

sunny and humid again today

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• it's been really cold here for the last week or so and it's been real fun living here where the wind can be so bad that though it's only about -7F the wind chill is -41F

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• it's warming up here and i couldn't be happier it is actually supposed to get up to 37F on Saturday yay!! i can't wait!

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]