How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,528 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• cold and sunny - just like an autumn day should be

Amen - I love those kind of days.

Some of the prettiest weather we have in north Texas is in late fall and early winter and it's just as you've said, cold but with bright sunshine.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Awhile back I mentioned that The Old Farmer's Almanac had predicted an extremely cold winter. All I can say is, it had better hurry.Here it is almost the middle of October and we're still having temperatures approaching 85-90 degrees F in north Texas. Usually, it has cooled off quite a bit by this time.

Same here, Jim. So far the lowest temperature in the morning has been 53 degrees F. At least, we have an overcast day today - maybe some rain come Wednesday!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• cold, wet and miserable here today

The weather where you live sounds about like Texas weather, Badger.

We have a saying in Texas, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute".

I have in the past known times when we'd have 30 and 40 degree temperature changes within the space of 30 minutes.

• The weather where you live sounds about like Texas weather, Badger.

We have a saying in Texas, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute".

I have in the past known times when we'd have 30 and 40 degree temperature changes within the space of 30 minutes.

the weather round here is really changeable. i always imagined texas as being dry and hot though?

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Where I live we must have rain freaks. It goes 5-10 days without raining and some dern fool starts saying the word drought. I think that fellar needs brain surgery from Dr. Frankenstein.

The 70's by day and 40's by night have been right nice.

They say we are to get more snow fall this year, and a harsher winter.

• the weather round here is really changeable. i always imagined texas as being dry and hot though?

Your imagination is on the money - Texas is hot and dry most of the time. But occasionally we'll have a spell of weather that's pretty freakish.

• Your imagination is on the money - Texas is hot and dry most of the time. But occasionally we'll have a spell of weather that's pretty freakish.

i ve sat here and thought about this and am going to have to ask, what on earth does "your imagination is on the money" mean??

Hooked on The Duke

• raining here now,dog wont go outside now before bedtime

got the same problem with the cat - he wants to go out but sticks his head outside, sees it raining and won t go. then he sits by the window and has a moan for 10 minutes

Hooked on The Duke

• i ve sat here and thought about this and am going to have to ask, what on earth does "your imagination is on the money"
    mean??

It's a play on words. You said that you had always imagined Texas as hot and dry. When I said your imagination is on the money, I was, in effect, saying that your imagining Texas as hot and dry was correct.

"On the money" is an American slang expression usually meaning right, or correct.

• cold and damp at 5am,then it brightened up and then it was overcast this afternoon and now it's dark and cold but no rain ( yet! )

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit