How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 928,340 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It just got done pouring, and I mean pouring here in Atlanta. WOW!! Lots of rain really quick. And from what I am hearing it isn't over till maybe Saturday morning.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Run-it-in guys, rub-it-in. :(:( But on the up-swing of things, were SUPPOSED to get a thunderstorm on Wednesday--that is, if Jay does not do a rain dance and steal our rain. :lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi all

So much for spring, it's cold and it has been
    raining on and off for three or four days!

Where's the sun?

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Apr 23 2006, 02:45 PM
    Run-it-in guys, rub-it-in. :(:( But on the up-swing of things, were SUPPOSED to get a thunderstorm on Wednesday--that is, if Jay does not do a rain dance and steal our rain. :lol:

[snapback]30723[/snapback]

That rain dance evidently worked, Carl. Though we were given only a 10% chance of rain, a freak thunderstorm blew up over the I-35 corridor Tuesday evening and marched through San Antonio and down to Devine and points southwest. Some hail was reported (my area just got a smattering with sporadic pea size hail and some rain, almost 3/4 of an inch - the most in six months - others got more - and heavier hail), but only minor damage. A lot of northwest San Antonio and northern Bexar County received nothing, however. :angry:
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@May 4 2006, 09:59 AM
    That rain dance evidently worked, Carl. Though we were given only a 10% chance of rain, a freak thunderstorm blew up over the I-35 corridor Tuesday evening and marched through San Antonio and down to Devine and points southwest. Some hail was reported (my area just got a smattering with sporadic pea size hail and some rain, almost 3/4 of an inch - the most in six months - others got more - and heavier hail), but only minor damage. A lot of northwest San Antonio and northern Bexar County received nothing, however. :angry:

[snapback]31001[/snapback]

You lucky cowpokes you! Were sitting here as dry as a desert and the City has a bad flea problem because of the draught--well--cept where people take time out to water their lawns. I am greatful for the lack of Mesquitos though.

• It should be interesting around here the next month or so, reservoirs are full up and the snow pack is just starting to melt. Yesterday was way to hot for me, but we are at a comfortable 60 deg today.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Hi All

After more rain yesterday, we had some
    thunder and lightning last night, which
    knocked out the power to around 10,000
    homes in two counties. But this morning
    the sun is shining.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• One of those monster storms blew up last night - a lot of low water crossings got flooded and some areas received 3 to 4 inches of rain. We needed it, but not in such a concentrated amount.

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@May 5 2006, 09:47 AM
    One of those monster storms blew up last night - a lot of low water crossings got flooded and some areas received 3 to 4 inches of rain. We needed it, but not in such a concentrated amount.

[snapback]31033[/snapback]

Hi Jay, I watched that storm move toward San Antonio on the radar last night. I stayed up late because i wanted to watch The Twilight Zone. Do do do do do do do do twoiiiiiiiiiiii dahlealaaaaaaaaa. You have now entered a place to be reckoned with you are about to become a part of fantasy---you have now entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE--da da da da da dooooooooooo.

• The west coast has enjoyed a few days of bright sunshine and enough warmth for shorts and t shirts. yesterday was 17.9 C or about 65 F. We get all the rain we need as a rule but there are places in the interior that have desert like conditions. Does Texas use water restrictions for lawn watering? We have those in the summer months only.

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@May 6 2006, 01:24 AM
    The west coast has enjoyed a few days of bright sunshine and enough warmth for shorts and t shirts. yesterday was 17.9 C or about 65 F. We get all the rain we need as a rule but there are places in the interior that have desert like conditions. Does Texas use water restrictions for lawn watering? We have those in the summer months only.

[snapback]31054[/snapback]

Not yet. Corpus Christi has two main sources for drinking wasser. One is Choke Canyon Resevoir and the other comes to us via the Mary Rhodes Pipeline--I can't remember where the water source is but, between the two sources--we are (VERY UNBELIEVABILY) still at around 75% and so were still in good shape as far as not having to worry about water restrictions around here.

Now if we could only get some of that rain that San Antonio and Austin no longer need..............................................................................................

C.

• Hello All
    weather is 10 degrees colder today hovering around 55 F. Rain is coming soon but thats a lot of days for the coast. Is the water metred in your area, do people pay by the volume they use?

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@May 6 2006, 07:33 PM
    Hello All
    weather is 10 degrees colder today hovering around 55 F. Rain is coming soon but thats a lot of days for the coast. Is the water metred in your area, do people pay by the volume they use?

[snapback]31069[/snapback]

Yup, the water is metered here and we pay by volume used. Luckily though, since I live in an apartment complex--I don't have to worry about a water bill as it's already factored into my rent. :)

• Hello All,
    I have been reading the comments and having a good laugh. Like Bek and Smokey I live just outside Ipswich in South East Queensland. I have good memories of the Lockyer Valley and the Brisbane Valley as I was an instructor at the Agricultural College at Gatton with their Army Cadet Officers. We always had fun during the winter especially at Atkinsons Dam where we taught water survival, with the ground temperatures at around minus 10 - 12 C we always made sure we were rugged up, the cadets had to sleep under one man tents whereas we instructors slept in cabins. It always got warm during the day and you would see all the cadets divesting their heavy clothing. Anyway we badly need some rain here as the major dam, Wivenhoe, is down to 31%, so if anyone has some spare rain please send it here.
    Regards to everyone
    Redcap

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

Originally posted by kilo 6@May 6 2006, 12:24 AM
    Does Texas use water restrictions for lawn watering? We have those in the summer months only.

[snapback]31054[/snapback]

San Antonio has restrictions for lawn watering when our Edwards Aquafer (the city's sole source of drinking water) drops below a certain level, but it hasn't gotten that low yet. Before our drought started, it was at a near record level of 700 feet and it has taken this long for it to drop close to the level that initial restrictions go into effect.
    There are those that feel that our aquafer has a lot more capacity than generally accepted, but there seems no way to determine this according to those who should be able to find out.

"Not hardly!!!"