How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,523 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Emmanuel@Jun 20 2006, 02:21 PM
    Hi all,
    Cold and wet! Where's the summer gone?
    Emmanuel.

[snapback]32351[/snapback]

It's down here in South Texas and, according to Mike, over in the Southeast part of the country.
    Cheers - Jay :wacko:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jay stole my thunder ;-)) I was going to inform you that your summer was here where I live :(:uhuh::stunned::wacko::dead:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well our nice cool wet weather is a thing of the past. Our temps have been raising over the last few days. Upper 70's on Monday, upper 80's on Tuesday and it's in the mid 90's today and it looks like this trend will continue through the weekend.

With all the rain we had this winter we now have tall dry grass... fire season here we come.

Oh, we are also into earthquake weather... hot, dry, still air. We had a 4.7 centered about 6 miles from our house last week. (Ok, there's really no such thing as earthquake weather, they just seem to happen when we are in this weather pattern)

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 21 2006, 01:30 PM
    Jay stole my thunder ;-))

[snapback]32364[/snapback]

What thunder - no thunder around here, much less rain. :lol:
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• hi all

well we have had showers for the last week but it still is falling in the wrong places they say we have had 10mm fall in the dam area with all of the showers it also wont be enough to say some of the farmers who at their limit which is a pitty because of this drought the cost of fresh vegies has gone up but knowing the way things work the farmers will still not be getting that much for their crops if they were able to harvest any at all.

getting colder every day but as they say we are in winter but not for much longer

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 21 2006, 06:33 PM
    What thunder - no thunder around here, much less rain. :lol:
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]32374[/snapback]

I definately HEAR ya on that. :(:(

• Hi all,

The high winds and rain which we had for three days
    have now gone, it looks like we are in for a few dry
    days. No real sunshine, just snowy white clouds filling
    the sky.

Carl and Jay, I hear Thor has all the thunder :lol: ;)

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Yep and Isis has all the lightning.......... :)

BTW, as we speak (or type) there have been a few thunderstorms in the area but are fast moving and do not hit much. :stunned:

• Hi all,

We have had a few days of sunshine, and warm nights.
    But as usual it's about to end, the rain is on the way.

Carl, I hope you guys in Texas got some rain to cool
    you down a little.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

• Hi

After spending the last week sweltering in the heat when we gor up this morning it was beginning to drizzle and as I was writing On this day it was raining heavilly with thunder and lightning. Looks like summers arrived.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We flirted with storms since Friday, and some areas within San Antonio got quite a bit of rain, but I don't think my house received even an inch of rain over several days. Rain is in the forcast for the next two days, but only at a 20 to 30% chance. Need a lot more! :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 5 2006, 03:28 PM
    We flirted with storms since Friday, and some areas within San Antonio got quite a bit of rain, but I don't think my house received even an inch of rain over several days. Rain is in the forcast for the next two days, but only at a 20 to 30% chance. Need a lot more! :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]32704[/snapback]

We are finally recioeving some good rainfall amounts. :D Last night San Antonio had a line of thunderstorms move through and they were headed right in my direction. They arrived near my area within around 10 miles but, apparently stalled over the small towns of Sinton & Odem and dissipated.

However today, as of about 3 PM, we have been getting some nice on and off heavy rains over here on US 181 and where the Museums are aas well as the USS Lexington floating Museum. :D:D My residence is about 6 or so miles from here and I don't know if its raining there or not.

• Ringo, now you guys get the rain and they are talking possible draught conditions in Minnesota. Everything is looking dry and dusty. Not good for the crops up here. Pray for rain.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 6 2006, 08:59 AM
    Ringo, now you guys get the rain and they are talking possible draught conditions in Minnesota. Everything is looking dry and dusty. Not good for the crops up here. Pray for rain.

[snapback]32741[/snapback]

Hi Todd, I definately sympathize with you on having little or no rain. Last year we were about 12 inches below our "normal" rainfall and we started this year out with being about 6 inches below normal rainfall--untill about a month ago.

Also, today as I was driving to my Bank, I saw very dark clouds coming in and it was pouring when I got back home. It rained very heavily from about 9:45 am to about noon. All the streets near my place were flooded and were about 1-2 feet under water. Most places were a few inches under water but--the flooding quickly goes away. Anyway, during my drive to the Museum, the rain started tapering off and finally was stopped by the time I arrived. I tell you one thing though, I AINT ready for sunshine to break out yet. All that means is hot humid temps--and prime time for the Mosquitos to breed.

Anyway, I do wish you there to get the rain you need. Have you noticed that in every place that was in bad need of rain--got more than it should have in one or two rains. Not that I mind that at all, I love rain, clouds, and thunderstorms.

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 6 2006, 06:05 PM
    Well, nobody filled my inside straight here. A very light shower about 11 a.m. this morning was the extent of moisture in my area. <_<
    Cheers - Jay :uhuh:

[snapback]32756[/snapback]

Apparently sometime over night, we had another storm come through. I woke up, got dressed to go feed the Cats, went outside; and it was flooded all around the place--higher than I had ever seen it. Sometimes I really do get some relaxing sleep as the good Lord provided. :D

• Hello All
    Can not complain about the weather up here on the Coast. We have had over two weeks of sunshine and blue skys. :D

Greetings from North of the 49th

• We got a nice but heavy little storm early this afternoon. :D I do NOT mind all the rain we have been recieving at all and nor will I mind being food for the Mosquitos either, but only because it meant that we got needed rain; that is.

• Hi all,

Glad to hear you guys in Texas are getting the rain
    you need. It is cold here today with the likelihood of
    rain, as Arthur says, summer is upon us!! :P

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.