How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 939,529 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hot and dry. Sounds like a repeat, but the difference is we are going into the 90's. Looks like a very dry May with around a third of an inch for the month. No rain in sight but more humid. My grass is gone. No telling how much that will cost to replace but I'm not going to do that until I know we are going to get rain and that might be at least another 10 years.

Ditto to above. Oh, Georgia and Florida got some rain from the tropical storm, it missed us including the rain. Mississippi is getting rain from a front and is going around us. Tennessee is getting the rain from Mississippi, and the Gulf of Mexico is getting a lot of rain(like they need it).

We shattered the old record (from 1896) of .50 inches of rain to a new one .23 inches of rain. That is from the capitol city. We didn't get that! So if we got the rain it was less than a tenth of an inch. We are around 14 inches below normal this year, and more than 24 inches from since last summer. And no relief in sight.

We are now getting more humid from the tropical storm that we aren't getting. So to add salt to the wound, we are muggy and dry (you figure :stunned: ). So people in the desert west, your drought is hot and dry, while we are hot, muggy and dry. Try and beat that. Your 110F feels like our 80F with muggy conditions. I've been in the desert and thought it was cooler when it was 104F. And I have some friends who visited from Arizona and thought it was 140F in our 92F.

So hell is not in Alabama because the devil wouldn't be caught dead here. It's too hot for them. :yeaahh:

Try and take a shower. It's impossible to dry off. I'd take a shower and dry off and still be soak and wet. More so due to the humidity We have a dew point of around 80 to 85 which is almost unbearable. The desert has a dew point of 25 to 35 (very dry conditions).

Oh, did I mention that we have no breeze? That's lovely. All I want is a RAIN! Not asking for much or maybe I am.

Have a nice and cool day! :wink_smile:

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We got some of the rain from the same storms that blew through where Jay lives. Got it I think about 4 or so AM.

Hotter than hell and humid as can be.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• FINALLY got some much needed rain. It's really sad when the only way we can get any rain is to have a tropical storm blow through. Now that it's passed, one can only wonder when the next rainfall will be.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Day 23 since rain. And now reports of a heat wave for the rest of the week. We are suppose to get into the mid to upper 90's by the weekend and around 91 tomorrow.

Oh, that rain back on May 12 was only .21 inches. Prior to that we didn't have rain since April and that was .18 or .19 inches. That makes in two months (the rainy months of the year) about .4 inches.

Did I say we need rain?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Something funny happen today. We heard thunder and saw lightning, then something from the sky fell and hit me on the head. Not sure what it was so I looked up and it hit me in the eye. It was sort of refreshing, but I just wasn't sure what it was. Then suddenly a few more fell and more fell, and all of a sudden I became wet, but it wasn't from me. Well I guess it was rain. It was nice, but it only lasted for about 10 minutes. And that was it. The sun came back out and it became hot and that was my experience with rain.

Isn't America GREAT!!!! :shades_smile:

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• FINALLY got some much needed rain. It's really sad when the only way we can get any rain is to have a tropical storm blow through. Now that it's passed, one can only wonder when the next rainfall will be.

Well, if you need rain, post something like this and you'll be subject to HAIL, LIGHTNING, THUNDER, and a torrential downpour. Boy did it raise holy cain round here today.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• A big group of thunderstorms (the weatherman had a special name for this group, but I don't remember what it was) developed in New Mexico, traveled down through West Texas, passed south of us and wound out over the Gulf. We just got a sprinkle out of it but it looks like Carl may have received at least a good shower.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"