How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,650 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Heh heh, that's why those of us like me, still have L~A~N~D~L~I~N~E~S and know how to use them ;-)) But seriously, I heard that you are not supposed to talk on a cell phone during a thunderstorm.

Anyway, hot, humid and breezy here today. Slight rain sometime before I woke.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• still wet or rather i should say showers are still to happen over the weekend, on the news tonight they say we may have the level 6 restrictions moved back till late november early december as the water flowing into the dams loooks like it may have given enough water for another 2-3 months supply for all of the southeast corner. the dams have risen from 17.1% to 17.8% full and this could increase all depends on the rain and if it stays around for a while longer.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I'll tell you people what. This is the craziest weather that I have ever seen. I sent a PM to 2 members here saying that I wouldn't be here today cause a storm was coming in. Has anybody here ever heard a very loud clap or two of thunder and when you went outside to check it out there was not a cloud in the sky?????? :( Grrrrrrrrrr!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I'll tell you people what. This is the craziest weather that I have ever seen. I sent a PM to 2 members here saying that I wouldn't be here today cause a storm was coming in. Has anybody here ever heard a very loud clap or two of thunder and when you went outside to check it out there was not a cloud in the sky?????? :( Grrrrrrrrrr!

I think mother nature is just teasing you. :teeth_smile: Seriously, yep, I had the same experiance when I was in College. Me and one of my dormmates were standing halfway fp the fight of stairs to our dorm just talking when all of a sudden (BOOOOOOOOOOOOM) only one thunderclap. Anyway, before the thunderclap was over, my dormmate had ran up the stairs, slammed the door shut, was in his room hiding under his bed. He was deathly afraid of the sound of thunder. I came upstairs and went inside and found him still under his bed. I laughed my (blank) off.

The sky had no clouds in it.

And check this out. Just this past Tuesday morning, before I went to do laundry--it was overcast and thunderbooming etc. I went outside at about 8:30 and the rains had stopped and I had to do my laundry-figuring this was the best time to do it. By the time I drove to the nearest of my apartment complex laundry rooms, the sky had cleared and almost no clouds to be seen anywhere. I just started my laundry and went to sit in my car-when it started raiing hard. I looked up and all I saw was the glare of the sun--no clouds anywhere. The rain lasted for about 20 minutes.

Figure that one out! :wink_smile:

• rain has stopped. with the falls it has raised the level in the dam to just over 19% they say that by tommorow we could have 20% in the dam. they showed us the river flowing into the dams it hasnt done this in months, it flooded on the north coast not anywhere near me. some clouds in the sky tonight might get some more rain yet lets hope and pray we do.
    cheers smokey

• well i did put the kybosh on myself or what the rain has travelled out into the wide blue younder and we are once again fine and sunny had a pleasent 28C at the moment it is 24.7 (or 76.4 for those who use this way) and it is 11.32pm. looks like when summer comes in we are going to maybe have a hot one.

cheers smokey

• Sounds like the drought in Georgia might finally be kaput? :thumbs_up:

As I type this, we are having a 2nd thunderstorm. :thumbs_up: We had one shortly after I got to the library today. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: This will go down into our history as the coolest and wettest summer we have ever had. :teeth_smile: I don';t mind and i hope it keeps on happening..............

• Well its finally settled down after a very hectic couple weeks.Sunny and 80 through the rest of the week and into the weekend.

We had over 8 inches of rain in my home town in one day but just to our south and east they had 17 inches of rain and lots of people are displaced from the homes or they have lost just about everything in them.

My house was not hit to bad but I did loose 2 nice big tree's in my front yard and thank god they fell how they did our else I would have lost part of my house with them. so we have been cleaning them up.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We had over 8 inches of rain in my home town in one day but just to our south and east they had 17 inches of rain and lots of people are displaced from the homes or they have lost just about everything in them.
    My house was not hit to bad but I did loose 2 nice big tree's in my front yard and thank god they fell how they did our else I would have lost part of my house with them. so we have been cleaning them up.

Good to know you came through it all unharmed, Todd, and damage was not too bad. It boggles the mind that the same weather system that affected you was wreaking havoc in our area only a few days earlier.:glare:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Well its finally settled down after a very hectic couple weeks.Sunny and 80 through the rest of the week and into the weekend.

We had over 8 inches of rain in my home town in one day but just to our south and east they had 17 inches of rain and lots of people are displaced from the homes or they have lost just about everything in them.

Todd, thanks for letting us know that all is well with you. Every time I was hearing about the bad stuff in Minnesota, I wondered where you were in relation to it all.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• The hardest hit areas are about 10 miles from me and then you can basically go about 60 miles from that point and everything in between has been drastically changed. My cousin had, and I say had, a house in the town of Stockton and him and his family spent the evening on there roof unitl they could be rescued. They basically lost everything in there house. Like I said before, there are alot of displaced families and most if not all families and buisnesses didn't have flood insurance. IBM(where I am employed) is having days where they take volunteers to the hardest hit areas and help with the cleanup. It is truly amazing what nature can do but more amazing is what people can so afterwards. It is by far not on the scale of what happened in New Orleans but for up here in Minnesota it was bad.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Hi Todd, glad to hear you came through in pretty good order and sorry for your relatives loss. We are having thunderstorms daily in my area and yesterday (which was part of the reason I was not here) the rains came and poured from about 11:30 AM to about 1:15 - quitting for the day. Today I heard the rumble of thunder, saw some lightning, were under a tornado watch for a few hrs (now expired) thunderboomers surrounding us--but no rains over my immediate area.

Also, now experiancing some slight breezes coming from the north-which feels good.