How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,675 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, Dead-wrong, Dale Nelson said that we were supposed to be raining here all day today. I see some dark sky outside now-but had been hot and sunny most of the day-and no rain.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Your weather moved up here to San Antonio, Carl. Had a heavy thunderstorm around 1 p.m. this afternoon and then another rain shower around 6 this evening. We're supposed to get scattered showers and t-storms through next Wednesday.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Very nice, upper 70's to lower 80's and still another 3-4 days of that till any rain comes. I just hope it doesn't get to out of control with the heat.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• they keep telling us that we are going to get more rain but it hasnt come yet, other wise fine and sunny days cool nights.

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Mrs. and I are revelling in the early morning cool, around 60º right now.

Yesterday, we were at a wedding in the wine country north of San Francisco, and boy was it hot! The wedding was at 5 PM, and it was 98º!! I was never so glad to see the sun go down. It was a beautiful wedding, but it was too hot!

Chester :newyear:

• chester

sorry it was so hot but glad you enjoyed the wedding.

we have rain we have rain, it has been raining all day one happy camper down under they say we might have a wet spring any rain will do just so the dams can get filled. i will be nice to hear when the dams get to 30% full and more oh the delight.

cheers smokey

• Glad you finally got some rain, smokey. We were in a bad drought up until the end of April and then the rains came, so I know how you are so thrilled by this. I hope the rain continues to break your dry spell.
    Since April, we have received so much rain that we are way above our annual average with still four months to go.

"Not hardly!!!"

• :thumbs_up: Im also glad to hear your getting some rain Smokey. :wink_smile: The Lord has answered prayers and has broken the back of droughts in many areas. Early this morning we had more rain-I just don't know how much or how long it lasted? as I was basically passed out from my medications. :stunned:

• We are in Phase 1 drought restrictions, which is voluntary, making reasonable efforts to conserve. In the city of Santa Cruz, they have mandatory rationing, only allowed to water outdoors on certain days and between certain hours. We are currently in a high fire danger alert status. We can reasonably expect to not see rain until the end of October or later.

Just this past weekend, the signs about the Phase 1 drought reduction were changed to

Severe WATER SHORTAGE
    No Outdoor WATERING

What a difference a couple of weeks, and several 90+º days make . . . .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• thankyou every one we have been enjoying the rain. they are saying that even with all of this rain it may have risen the dam capiticy by 0.01%.

mrs c we haven't been allowed to use our hoses for months, they reduced us to bucket watering when ever we wanted to now when it is on certain days only, if they bring the level six restrictions then the bucket watering will be a thing of the pass.

i know what its like to be living durning a drought, they are saying now that if they get to a house fire that is well gone they will let it burn itself out because they cant afford to waste the water, this is also the go for bush fires they will try to protect property but that is all.

cheers smokey

• Wow!!! Seems like you guys have inherited some of our weather.:stunned: Anyway, the 90's ( I hate to say it ) seems to be a bit of a relief here. We're supposed to get a taste of the 80's next week. Looks like fall might finally be on the way.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• It has been hot and humid but the weather in the northland is changing and by Monday they are talking hi's in the middle 60's!! Yee Haa, bring on winter!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hot n humid here, no clouds and a decent breeze. The Weatherman says that we are supposed to get our first cool front (notice I did not say cold front) and this is supposed to come in sometime on Tuesday. If were lucky, all we will get is a slight change of wind direction.:glare:

• Our weatherguy talked about this too, Carl. But he wasn't making any promises, just alerting us to the possibility for now! He also mentioned the possibility of rain with this "cool" front.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay, I hope at least you guys get a breeze out of it. I watched the noon news and he said it'll most likely stall out in central Tx or further. I didn't believe it would come down this far.

Well, today has been hot, humid and miserable. My A/C still has not been fixed by Apt complex Maintenance (been reporting it for two weeks now) and it's getting mighty warm and uncomfortable in the apt.:mad: