How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,890 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Back to being hot and humid. I THINK were supposed to get our first """"cold front"""" and I use that term loosely, on or about early Sunday morning. We'll see, we'll see.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi ringo

you can have your cold front as long as you send the heat my way, am looking at becoming a bird who flies north for winter:wink_smile: lol, sunny and warm again today and looks like it could be that way for a while

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Carl - As you say, those cold fronts don't amount to much this early in the season. We don't really see any significant drop in temps until November. Our weatherman calls them "wimpy" fronts right now. We'll see what Sunday brings.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• hi ringo

you can have your cold front as long as you send the heat my way, am looking at becoming a bird who flies north for winter:wink_smile: lol, sunny and warm again today and looks like it could be that way for a while

cheers smokey

HI Smokey, Jay,

Smokey, I wish I could send you this heat--we've had it far too long, and the high humidity is something else. Makes one feel like this :ohmy: and this :yeaahh: and this :stunned: and this :vomit:

Jay, it's sad but too true, they don't amount to a hill of beans - as my Dad used to say. Our weather guys (all three local stations) still call even a shift of the wind, a Cold Front. One wonders where they went to for their Meteorological courses?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The Mrs. just got off the phone with Leo Ciolino, the SF Bay Area weather man on a major radio station here (he's been calling her for over ten years now), and she reported relatively mild overnight temperatures (high forties) after yesterday's high of 80º F. He says we're looking at some COLD overnight numbers by the weekend (into the thirties).

Chester :newyear:

• Very, very hot here, 40+C here during the day.

Considering its only October, we shouldn't be getting those types of temps, we usually start getting them late Oct./Early Nov..

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hi all

bek is right we had a hot dat today they say it went to 37C but in my area it is usually 3-5 C hotter then they reported, they have also put us on the high fire danger range. if this keeps up we could be looking at the high 40'sC when summer really gets here

cheers smokey

• Very, very hot here, 40+C here during the day...

I was curious just how hot that was, so went to an online temperature conversion, and learned that 40ºC is equivalent to 104º F - TOO hot!! And you say it's been that hot and more. I'm sorry! Sounds like Phoenix, Arizona where my mom lives.

Around here, we can still expect some hot temps in October (eighties and nineties), but by November it starts to reliably cool down.

So even though we are expecting low overnight temperatures by the weekend (maybe the thirties), we will have pretty warm days, maybe into the eighties.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• we are having another warm day went into the very high 30's i think bek would have had another 40+ day. missed the news and weather tonight so all i know is that they say we had another 38C day(plus the extra 3-5C)

cheers smokey

• Yesterday was quite pleasant compared to the temperatures that we've had.

Supposed to be a hot day today. In our area, it's 5-10C higher than they predict!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• had a short thunder storm tonight was told that it started to rumble at about 4:30pm, i was at work so didnt know about it till i heard a clap of thunder at 6:15pm, when i left work at 6:30pm it was poaring down had to run to the car in the rain storm drains were overflowing creek went over its banks into the park. yeppy rain hope some fell for bek and in the catchment area for the dams

was really hot when i walked to work i think we had either a 33 or 35C day (+ 3- 5 extra)

cheers smokey

• Apart from a shower last night, no rain here so far, but there's a huge front coming towards us, hopefully we'll get a good storm out of it.

Fairly hot here today, 35-40C.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• storm front moved through but we didnt get anything except for a light show was warm again today about 35C - 38C. they say that the storm front caused damage else where but not here, hopefully bek got some of the rain but not the winds

cheers smokey

• A "cool" front is supposed to waddle in tonight (HA!!) and bring slightly cooler temperatures and less humidity. A slight chance of thundershowers is in the forcast as well.

"Not hardly!!!"