How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 919,614 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• cold and sunny today here - didn t think much of the weather down there yesterday luckyned

Pretty poor wasn't it but i was inside at work all day so i was out of the wind and rain

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hi

I watched the forecast last night and it seems we are in for three or four days of rain, although at the moment it is grey and dry.

Could have a repeat of the conditions last Saturday but at least we are away to Sunderland and can watch events evolve on television.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• just woke up and its lovely and dry outside,no rain but its been foggy for the last 2 nights so im expecting the same tonight

• an afternoon of jeff stelling shouting at you - let me assure our american cousins that we do not brag about rain in lancashire
    it just looks like we do cos we get so much of it

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• We had a thunderstorm yesterday evening with a pretty good shower and even some small hail.

do i detect a hint of bragging there stumpy :wink_smile:

we ve had no rain since sunday and i had to leave lancashire for that

Hooked on The Duke

• sunny and cold again - couldn t ve picked a better week to have off work. i m back on monday tho so it can rain all its likes - have a nice day in eastbourne arthur:teeth_smile:

Hooked on The Duke

• Quite mild here today with no rain + its been quite sunny. it's dropping a bit cool now so i've lit a fire in our living room to keep the mrs happy

• Well, the indian summer is gone. Earlier this week we had highs in the 70's. But it has now dropped to normal temps and we are in the 30's for highs. We received alittle snow, its gone now. It was what was left from the storm that hit the Dakotas.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• really confuses me the way weather is explained - like all old fashioned people, i regard high 70s or 80s as hot but then when people come on and say temp in the 30s i revert to the new way of doing it and think that is also hot - requires an agile mind which i don t have

Hooked on The Duke

• really confuses me the way weather is explained - like all old fashioned people, i regard high 70s or 80s as hot but then when people come on and say temp in the 30s i revert to the new way of doing it and think that is also hot - requires an agile mind which i don t have

You mean the folks in England used to measure temps using Fahrenheit also?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• some of us still do - when i went to school in the 60s ( and i know that ages me) eveything was done in fahrenheit, yards, feet, inches, miles (which thankfully we still have) and in shops, pounds and ounces (none of your metric rubbish) i go swimming and they tell me the water is 1.2 metres (means nothing to me )
    but when we have a really hot summer and on the front pages its headlines, its always in the old fashioned fahrenheit 70s 80s or 90s we all know how hot that is!!!!!!

Hooked on The Duke

• some of us still do - when i went to school in the 60s ( and i know that ages me) eveything was done in fahrenheit, yards, feet, inches, miles (which thankfully we still have) and in shops, pounds and ounces (none of your metric rubbish) i go swimming and they tell me the water is 1.2 metres (means nothing to me )
    but when we have a really hot summer and on the front pages its headlines, its always in the old fashioned fahrenheit 70s 80s or 90s we all know how hot that is!!!!!!

I remember previously reading how there was a lot of resistance in the UK to converting to metrics but I thought by now, it had been crammed down your throats and was a done deal.

We hard-headed Yanks are still using the old measurements, although now most manufacturers and merchants include both on their products. Which nobody in my age group pays any attention to. :wink_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum