How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 925,174 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We had crazy extremes this past week.

Monday it was 100º, Tuesday it 'cooled' down to 95º, then the temps dropped to low seventies and Friday didn't go higher than 67º! Evenings have been windy and cold - bone-chilling cold on the Little League field!

Personally, I'd much rather have the cooler weather :thumbs_up:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• A few days last week and most of Saturday evening, a good portion of Sunday and most of Monday on through to about 7AM Tuesday morning-we here in Houstontownburgsville have been having round afer round of major thunderbomers. Since sat eve-we have had at least 11 inches of rainfall.

Yesterday I was about to start my daily hr walk when I noticed it was sprinkling-VERY overcast and very windy. I stood outside about 5 minutes and then the sprinkle stopped so I went on my walk. All was great till I decided to stop at the small Park about 3-4 blocks from my house. I was resting for a few minutes and then like the sound of paper bags ripping-it didn't start out as a sprinkl going up into a storm-it started out raining Cats and Dogs. By he time I made my way to the only relative shelter with a tiny roof-which was in the kids playground-I was soaking wet from head to toe-and had relative protection from the rain. It poured like Niagara Falls for about 15 - 20 minutes? then stopped as sudden as it started.

I immediately started walking for home, hearing loud thunderblasts on my way, and when I just stepped onto the driveway-lightning struck a tree in my neighbors backyard-and the pouring begain again instantly. The rains and winds howled all night long until about 7am this morning. Man I loved it all-even the getting soaking wetting yesterday. Guess the Texas drought is overwith-at least here.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• A few days last week and most of Saturday evening, a good portion of Sunday and most of Monday on through to about 7AM Tuesday morning-we here in Houstontownburgsville have been having round afer round of major thunderbomers. Since sat eve-we have had at least 11 inches of rainfall.

Yesterday I was about to start my daily hr walk when I noticed it was sprinkling-VERY overcast and very windy. I stood outside about 5 minutes and then the sprinkle stopped so I went on my walk. All was great till I decided to stop at the small Park about 3-4 blocks from my house. I was resting for a few minutes and then like the sound of paper bags ripping-it didn't start out as a sprinkl going up into a storm-it started out raining Cats and Dogs. By he time I made my way to the only relative shelter with a tiny roof-which was in the kids playground-I was soaking wet from head to toe-and had relative protection from the rain. It poured like Niagara Falls for about 15 - 20 minutes? then stopped as sudden as it started.

I immediately started walking for home, hearing loud thunderblasts on my way, and when I just stepped onto the driveway-lightning struck a tree in my neighbors backyard-and the pouring begain again instantly. The rains and winds howled all night long until about 7am this morning. Man I loved it all-even the getting soaking wetting yesterday. Guess the Texas drought is overwith-at least here.

Carl - I wish you could send some of that rain west toward us. All we've received so far is drizzle and light rain amounting to a half inch (we're in the area of extreme drought). The weather people say that the moisture is more prevalent in East Texas and that is why you folks are getting so much rain!
    Good to hear from you, my now Houston friend!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• All we've received so far is drizzle and light rain amounting to a half inch (we're in the area of extreme drought). The weather people say that the moisture is more prevalent in East Texas and that is why you folks are getting so much rain!

We got a pretty good soaking in north Texas today. Of course, it's never enough but every little bit helps.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Carl - I wish you could send some of that rain west toward us. All we've received so far is drizzle and light rain amounting to a half inch (we're in the area of extreme drought). The weather people say that the moisture is more prevalent in East Texas and that is why you folks are getting so much rain!
    Good to hear from you, my now Houston friend!

Hi Jay, I wish I could send a few inches of rain your way. Here we might have another round of storms sometime this week according to the Weatherman here. Im kinda surprised you all didn't get much because the weatherman left me the impression that the rains moved through your area?

My Brother has a house in Lago Vista and said they got some Hail there as well as somewhere between here and Austin.

It's also good to be back and hear from you as well. Take care Jay--yor friend-Carl.

• Finally....I think north Texas has had more rain in the past week than we've had in the past year. It rained hard most of last night. According to the local paper, our area got 4 inches in the past 24 hours, which ain't bad. Of course, I think it hasn't helped the farmers much but maybe it'll help later on.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• You can have some rain from Scotland if you want!!!
    Someone turned the tap on this morning and forgot to turn it off.
    Cleared up now though, mind its dark, if only it would rain after 11 at night & dry up in the morning:wink_smile:

• We had about an inch of rain in the past 24 hours, and mostly cloudy skies today.

We've had enough intermittent rain over the past few days to cause rained out games for our local Little League - a MOST unusual occurrence this late in the season.

Hoping it's over for now . . . though we do need the rain . . .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Very warm today but not too bad humidity-wiose. I can't really complain-cept for the fact that the wind is not blowing from the North and with cooler temps-as is MY favorite time of the year ;-))