How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 977,156 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Bright sunshine but the temperature isn't expected to get above freezing until Friday. Today it's about 13 or 14 degrees below and a north wind cuts like a knife.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• The weather folks say that the high temperature here in San Antonio did not reach freezing, only the seventh time in February that this has happened since weather records started being kept. Tomorrow is expected to be the same which will make it only the eighth time this has happened!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• We got into the lower twenties today with lots of wind from the North. It felt like what I would expect it to feel like of zillions of shards of glass were being blasted at ya for the entire time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Bright sunshine but the temperature isn't expected to get above freezing until Friday. Today it's about 13 or 14 degrees below and a north wind cuts like a knife.

Stumpy!
    Thanks for the invite earlier but I thing I'll stay put. By the way they are talking about two more storms next week.:fear:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• We're supposed to get snow flurries tonight and sunshine tomorrow afternoon.

Us too and i have to do across town for a Drs appt, and the nearest bus stop from thereis a 25 minute walk. Normally the walk wouldnt bother me but i have a bad chest cold.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Never thought I'd hear myself say this but this old Texas boy is ready for a bit of summer.

You Northerners are accustomed to prolonged zero degree weather but not us Southerners. :omg:

• STUMPY THE WEATHER, here sticnks. Do you know how I 35 is south in South Okla and North texas is? My daughter is heading to Austin today. I have tried to discourage travel but you know how 26 yr olds are.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• STUMPY THE WEATHER, here sticnks. Do you know how I 35 is south in South Okla and North texas is? My daughter is heading to Austin today. I have tried to discourage travel but you know how 26 yr olds are.

Here's a link to the website for Texas road conditions. Please note there's also a toll-free phone number your daughter can call to get road conditions.

http://apps.dot.state.tx.us/travel/road_conditions2.htm

• After gloating of the warm sunny weather on the Greek island
    I am currently on, we have just had two days of storms,
    last seen some five years ago.
    Bill of PA , you got sweet revenge!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Sharon,
    I gather the cyclone came ashore considerably to the north of you?

From things you've said, I think you're in the Brisbane area, aren't you?
    Jim

• Well, maybe the Arctic-like weather we've been having may have at least one beneficial effect and that's the vanquishing of certain insect species.

For instance, earlier today I happened to be looking out a back window and noticed that in the eaves of my storage shed, there was a gigantic yellowjacket nest. (For those who don't know, a yellowjacket is a species of wasp common in Texas and most other southern/central states. Their sting is extremely painful.)

Hopefully, this freezing weather will exterminate the larvae in that nest. (Plus any fly larvae within 25 thousand miles :wink_smile:)

Brick,
    If I were you, I'd strongly advise my daughter to delay her trip until the roads clear. Seems like things are just getting worse.

• Hallelujah, apparently the outside temperature has risen above 32°F because water drops from melting snow are dripping from my roof line.

According to the online forecast, that wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• Here in my part of Texomaland the snow is still coming down! It's been snowing off and on since I went to work at 6:00 this morning! After slipping and sliding all week, when this snow and Ice is all gone, the drive to work is going to be downright boring!