There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,475 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I wanted to announce that Wilson Pickett has passed away today from a heart attack. He was best known for his music like Mustang Sally, and In the Midnight Hour. His music is R&B. He was 64 years old. He was inducted to the Rock-n-Roll hall of Fame in 1991. You can go to Wilson Pickett.

He didn't do any films or music related to John Wayne. I wanted to only announce his death because he is from my home town of Prattville, AL. I didn't know him personally because he moved before I was born. He still has family here in town. I'm not sure where he will be laid to rest.

Here is a little about this soulful artist of the '60s. A little history.

As far as I know he is the only entertainer born in my home town.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Just found out that Wilson Pickett will be buried in Louisville, Kentucky this weekend. There are family members in town who will be making the trip up there for the service.

Anyway, Rest In Peace, Wilson.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote